WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

laprincess31
09-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Is it too early to pack mine and baby's hospital bags?
Are your bags packed all ready? What did you pack? I just can't for the life of me remember what I need at the hospital for baby....

I know what I need for me pretty much, and I really need to go shopping for gowns ( I don't own ANY gowns!! I am a PJ pants girl. lol). I was also thinking that if I bought extra toilitries that I could go ahead and get those things packed too.. Like toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo etc.

So tell me, what did you pack and when did you pack it. For yourself and baby. I don't wanna forget anything!

mchoat
09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
I have a dr appt today to see if I'm going to be induced or what not......and I don't have anything packed! Tee hee! I guess I'm the wrong individual to be asking. I'm such a procrastinator!

But I would think a gown, something for the baby to come home in, toiletries, and that's it.

Do they check your bags? Maybe I could sneak a philly cheesesteak and some doritos in there! j/k We all know how long you have to wait before you can eat real food and ice chips ain't cuttin it! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifEdited by: mchoat

LassodMoon
09-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I had a gown with my first, but not with my second. I packed jammie pants and tops- much more me and comfortable (you just want to be able to have something easy to get in to shirtwise if you're going to nurse). Elastic waists are good, LOL.

I'm due in a week and have nothing packed either. I asked today at my appt for a list and they gave me this terrible one from 1982! So, I'm just going to pack toiletries (hairdrier, flat iron- yes, I'd like to attempt to look decent, LOL, make up, toothbrush), some comfy clothes, nursing bar and clothes for baby. You might want to pack a couple of magazines or books too in case you've got some time to yourself. For baby I'm packing a few onesies, his coming home outfit, blanket and hat, couple of blankets...but that's about it. The hospital usually provides everything else you might need.

kalmond
09-19-2008, 11:00 AM
I wear comfy pants and shirt since I nurse and a nursing bra. I bring older pairs of panties incase I bleed through and extra pads cause they only give you so many. Some hospitals give you things like extra diapers for the ride home and some do not. I bring at least 3 diapers, two sleepers, one big and one small, socks and blankets. Don't forget to have the car seat ready in your car BEFORE you get to the hospital(one less thing to worry about)

I bring my prenatal vitamins, all my toiletries, contacts and glasses. comfy sock and bras and panties, a set of clothes for hubby cause he refuses to leave me and change for vending machines for hubby.

When all else fails we live close to the hospital and if need be I can get hubby to run home and get things that we forget.

Oh Becky! I just can't wait!

Jewel
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Add nursing pads to the list if you "leak" at all. I needed them before I got home! I brought my make up and hair accessories as well.

kalmond
09-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Add nursing pads to the list if you "leak" at all. I needed them before I got home! I brought my make up and hair accessories as well.

I forgot all about the nursing pads, Thanks!

laprincess31
09-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the ideas ya'll!

Marleeka, no they do not check my bags. lol I plan to get DD or DH to get a drink and give me sips of thiers. lol If I am hungry on the way, don't you think I won't hit a drive thru and eat in the car.. lol I know they starve ya!!

Kelley, I can't wait either!! I am sooooo excited and can't wait to see this baby!! Not to mention getting a little uneasy and scared about the labor/birth.

LassodMoon
09-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Don't forget the camera too- I was wracking my brain the other day and while I have mine ready to go, figured it didn't hurt to put it on a list :)

mchoat
09-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I FINALLY packed my bags! LOL

I have my gown and baby's gown. They match and it's so cute! I'm going to have to take pics of that one! I also packed some old undies, some socks, hairbrush and comb, toothbrush, and my outfit to go home. His bag contains his going home outfit (actually 2 of them), 2 hats, 2 pairs of onesies (so cute!), MY favorite receiving blanket, another heavier blanket, binky, and little mitts. My hospital provides pretty much everything else and I'm a thief and will get them for all the pampers I can until they figure out he doesn't use up 10 pampers a day http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifI'll get them for that and maybe a little formula! LOL

laprincess31
09-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Well, I started on mine... I put some clothes in a bag and have my extra toiletries set aside in the bathroom....

I have not touched the baby's bag yet.

Thanks for reminding me about the camera!!