WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Dilated at 35 weeks

scarlett9284
09-17-2008, 03:10 PM
So I went for my appointment today and they did a group B strep test and then checked my cervix. I'm already 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The nurse's eyes nearly popped out of her sockets, she was so shocked. She kept saying that she's never seen a 1st pregnancy at 35 weeks already dilated 2 cm. She was also surprised that baby's head was down so low.

I'm thrilled. I hope it means that baby comes early!! I can't wait to hug and kiss little Nicholas or Theresa!!!

kalmond
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to hear moregood news!

laprincess31
09-18-2008, 06:28 AM
So I went for my appointment today and they did a group B strep test and then checked my cervix. I'm already 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The nurse's eyes nearly popped out of her sockets, she was so shocked. She kept saying that she's never seen a 1st pregnancy at 35 weeks already dilated 2 cm. She was also surprised that baby's head was down so low.

I'm thrilled. I hope it means that baby comes early!! I can't wait to hug and kiss little Nicholas or Theresa!!!

hehe Did you tell her there is a first time for everything?? lol http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

scarlett9284
09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Well, I had another appointment today and this time some not so great news. My blood pressure was high (for me) and there was trace protien in my urine so now I have to do a 24 hour urine collection tomorrow, go in for blood work on Friday and have my next appointment on Monday. Also, I'm still at 1-2 cm. The only good news is that the PA said that the baby has hair, lol

scarlett9284
09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Well, my urine has a high enough protein level to be considered for preeclampsia but my blood pressure was normal. So I'm not diagnosed with preeclampsia yet. If my blood pressure shoots up though, then they will most likely induce me.

A good note, my husband, a physican assistant, has been checking my blood pressure at home and it has been fine so hopefully, I won't have/don't have preeclampsia. I am going to do another 24 hour urine collection on Thursday just as a precautionary measure. My next appointment is on Friday but I probably won't know the results to the urine test until Monday.

scarlett9284
10-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Well, unless the protein level is found to be sky high this time around or my blood pressure skyrockets, then they'll induce me. But it sounds like I'll just have to wait until the little one decides that it's time. Which I hope is sooner rather than later.

I'm still 1-2 cm dilated but am now 70% effaced so I'm getting there.

Next appointment is Wednesday.

I just wish that I could shed the muscus plug already!

manleymom
10-11-2008, 09:42 AM
I didn't loose my mucus plug w/ my 2nd & 3rd child just my 1st one & then I didn't even know what it was, lol