WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

toot
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
I am a military spouse and know how tight a soldier's family budget can be. (Even though everyone...including family...thinks we have MONEY.)

Here is a great way to save money with your home phone bill. It's VOIP!

www.5Linx.net/L339540 (http://www.5Linx.net/L339540)

This home phone service can be used anywhere in the world (US, Germany, Japan, UK, Italy...etc)and it's unlimited! All you need is the internet!

toot
Army wife for 16 years!
Fort Hood,TX

Mrs1stSgt
09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Toot, you are so correct everyone thinks we are RICH. I guess in many ways we are with friends and love but we are not money rich. I always had a really good job or worked for myself then along came this young E6 in the Army and swept me off my feet. OK I am a Army brat I knew what an E6 made (not enought for this good looking single gal) but I fell in Love, we got married 6 months later (this wa 6 years ago this month. I worked my job as a Chiropractic assistant until 2006 mind you making a pretty good second income ($40,000.00 a year) 2006, DH got deployed I came home to take care of all the duties us wives have to take care of when they are gone. Boy I had to figure things out fast, I came home to my 2 year old, trying to sale our house and move us to are next duty station, paying the bills taking out the trash, mowing the yard blah, blah, blah. And learn how to live on one income you learn fast and know I help other spouses if they need some help, my passion is our military. Well long story short ha. DH only has 3-5 years left and we are in the cycle of saving, saving paying debt. (when he gets his Sgt. Majors promotion that will be great) I am taking the Dave Ramsey Finanacial Peace University at our Chapel here on base and I highly recomend that. I would love to here how other military spouses cut back.
Lisa

toot
09-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Mrs1stSgt,

Is your DH stationed at FH? The Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University is just kicking off here.

Take care.

Mrs1stSgt
09-17-2008, 08:24 PM
If FH is Fort Hood then the answer is No, we are at Fort Bliss.
Lisa

toot
11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Yes, we are at Fort Hood.

toot
11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Military Spouses,

Secure your home! Seriously, we have had some crazy stuff to happen on post.

Take a look at this. You can get a FREE Home Security System, that moves when you move from post to post in the United States.This systemdoes not require any wiring or drilling. And when you sign up for it you get a FREE Video Phone...a $200.00 value!

www.5Linx.net/L339540 (http://www.5Linx.net/L339540)