WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

bianca5454
08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Just out~ This will be a sure holiday pleaser!

Peanutbutterscotch and Chocolate Bars
<UL>
<LI =zero>1 cup flour
<LI =zero>1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
<LI =zero>1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divide in half
<LI =zero>1/2 tsp. soda
<LI =zero>1 tsp. Watkins Vanilla
<LI =zero>3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
<LI =zero>1/2 cup Watkins Butterscotch Dessert Mix
<LI =zero>1/4 cup evaporated milk
<LI =zero>1/4 cup peanut butter
<LI =zero>1/2 tsp. Watkins Butter flavor
<LI =zero>16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips </LI>[/list]

In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, soda, Vanilla, and melted butter. Blend well at low speed to form crumbs. Press half of crumbs into bottom of 11" x 7" inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.

Make peanutbutterscotch topping by combining Butterscotch Dessert Mix, 3/4 cup brown sugar, evaporated milk and peanut butter in medium sauce pan. Bring to boil over medium heat. When bubbling vigorously, reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add Butter flavor.

NOTE from Lula Mae: I also add a scant 1/2 tsp. Watkins Peanut Butter Flavor (cause I love the peanut butter flavor and most peanut butters just don't have a strong enough flavor to suit me.)

Sprinkle baked layer with chocolate chips. Pour butterscotch mixture evenly over baked layer and chips.

Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Chill 1-2 hours. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.

Watkins4LifeCC
08-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, I was looking at this recipe in the email...looks good!smileys/smiley17.gif

SpicesPlusMore
08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh this looks like a great recipe..

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1