WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Getting Started/Marketing Ideas

wanthomework
08-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Well I've been trying to wait for my start up package but I'm getting impatient...I want to order some samples and catalogues. So I was just wondering, which products sell the best i.e. which samples do you recommend, which scent of lotion do you sell most of? I was going to buy the assortment of black pepper, cinnamon etc. but the creams don't come in an assorment.
Also, what do you find to be the best way of marketing...flyers, catalogues, business cards, newspaper ads? Can I make my own flyers using the graphics from the Watkins website or do I have to buy them from Watkins?
How do you advertise on online communities without actually 'advertising'
TIA

Shannon

bianca5454
08-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Congratulations Shannon! Did you join with the Summit group? There's an amazing online training that goes over getting started, etc.

As far as samples, Just start with one or two samples. I like the peppermint foot cream and the lemon shea. You can also join the PEP program where you will get a new assortment of samples each month.

You can make up your own flyers. The Summit group has a lot of free business tools, including flyers, you could use as well. I also like to use vistaprint.com for other biz tools such as business cards, return labels, etc. And, yes, you may use those graphics and those on the Summit group as well~

HTH~ http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Krina
08-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Shannon
I see Biancahas answered your questions for you. Thanks Bianca.

Your kit won't be long in coming to you. I bet you will have it by Monday. It takes about a week to arrive.
I sell mostly the lemon lotion. People seem to like that one best.

As for business tools, have you checked around in the Watkins cafe yet? There are a lot of tools and flyers etc. in there as well as a lot of tools on the main website. We will be discussing this along with other things at our first meeting which will be soon. I will be notifying you about that as well.

Hope this helps answer your questions for now. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

wanthomework
08-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the tips...no I didn't join Summit group, but I was looking around in the Watkins Cafe today but didn't see the flyers. I'll check again, I just posted my first couple of ads on Craigslist and Kiji and I've got some graphics saved on my computer. Thanks again...I'll keep you up to date smileys/smiley4.gif

Krina
08-15-2008, 08:30 PM
You are off to a great start Shannon. I will look for those flyers and get back to you on that. Let me know how the ads go for you.

wanthomework
08-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I just thought of another question while trying to make my flyer...what do I do if someone is interested but doesn't have access to the internet? Can they call Watkins for a free catalogue or do I have to give them one? There isn't a mini catalogue is there?

Krina
08-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Shannon you can give them a catalogue or they can call Watkins and get one. Be sure to tell your customer if they order to use your ID number so you get credit for the order.
The only mini catalogues we have are the monthly sales books.

watkinsindel
08-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Watkins does not mail catalogs for us - you need to mail a catalog. There are monthly specials catalogs called highlights that can be ordered in packages of 25 and the mainline catalog with the entire product line. Sept - Dec highlights also includes the 2008 Seasonal Favorites line (formally called Fall Gift Line)

msterra29
08-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Michelle,

I believe she is talking about going to the Watkins website and requesting a Free catalog which anyone can do if the person does not have an associate:) Now.. I am not sure if they go ahead just to get a catalog if Watkins then assigns them a person or not- so it is always best to order some catalogs and have them on standby- I always keep both catalogs and I get the highlight monthly but will be ordering some extra for the coming months:)

Krina
08-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Michelle thank you.

Terri I think you are correct. They will assign them an Associate if they don't have one already. So it would be best for you Shannon to send them yourself.

I have both US and Canada catalogues on hand and when I get a request for one I have them ready to go.
I send out each month the hi=lite catalogues to my customers as well. It brings in orders each month.

PinkPea
08-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Is there a cost to join the Summit Group - on top of the fee for the Watkins Starter Kit ?

Krina
08-17-2008, 04:20 PM
As far as I know there is no extra cost to join the Summit group. Its just another group of Watkins associates that formed their own group. There are a lot of us with different groups like that.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

msterra29
08-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Is there a cost to join the Summit Group - on top of the fee for the Watkins Starter Kit ?

Hello,

You just have to find a sponsor that is with the Summit Group and then you will automatically be placed with us:) I believe about everyone here is with the Summit Group--is there anyone that posts here that is with another group?

bianca5454
08-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Lee,
Many of us are with the Summit group. There is NO fee to be part of it and we get a load of extra benefits from being a part of them. Feel free to click on my sig line to learn more about the Summit group (or PM).

Krina
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes Terri there are some of us who are not with the Summit group. We are with our own group just as you all are and we too get loads of training and business tools just like your group.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gifThe Summit group just advertises its group more than we do. LOL

msterra29
08-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Darlene:

Watkins is great all the way around:) All Groups I am sure are great! I was just wondering how many on here are from other groups besides the Summit Group- Thanks!!

watkinsindel
08-18-2008, 04:42 AM
If a customer goes to Watkins online and requests a catalog without an ID# then the customer is put into the lead program and assigned to an associate.

If the customer goes to your E-associate site or Watkins online with your ID# and requests a catalog you would then get an email stating your cusotmer is requesting a catalog and you have to mail it to them.

Michelle

Krina
08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Terri, I do know what you meant and was not implying anything by my post. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Michelle, thanks for explaining it that way. I knew that but am not great at explaining things. lol

msterra29
08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Krina,
Oh I know:) I promise I didn't take it the wrong way~I hope you have a wonderful day!

Krina
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks Terri and you have a wonderful day too. :)

The Watkins Man
08-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi Shannon,

Good tasting events are a great way to market Watkins products.

To learn more about Good tasting event go to GT E-News. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

wanthomework
08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I got my samples and catalogues yesterday! I'm still trying to find something to use the spices on so I can test them out...I think I'm going to be buying a lot of things for myself next time I place an order , I just saw the all natural shampoo and conditioner...and that peppermint hot chocolate looks really good...I think Starbucks is going to lose some businesssmileys/smiley2.gif

Krina
08-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Glad you got your order. See it only takes about a week to come. You will find that you will become one of your own customers as we all are with our business. LOL Check out the recipe section for some great ideas on spices and how to use them. There are some wonderful ideas there.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1