WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : 2 weeks to not be so fat

lilmisssunshine
07-28-2008, 08:50 PM
My doctor has yet to say anything about my weight gain and I'm dreading the moment that he does.

I started my pregnancy about 30lbs heavier than I would have liked (the good news is that it was a result of quitting smoking), and I've now gained 30 according to my scale. Personally, I'm not that worried about it. I've lost a lot of weight before and I know how it's done. I'm practically itching to start jogging again.

But ya hate for anyone else to tell you you're too fat! smileys/smiley36.gif Believe me, nobody knows it more than I do!

Got two weeks until my next appointment. Time to cut back on the peanut butter cups. smileys/smiley9.gif

Especially since it's the day I'm taking the dreaded glucose test...

Love,
Shannon

laprincess31
07-30-2008, 03:05 PM
My next appt I take that test too.... I am gonna starve.

KeeleyShaye
08-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I gained 30 lbs in my first trimester alone. When I found out my blood pressure went thru the roof and I freaked out. So since then I tell the nurse not to tell me what I weigh. Im not going to worry about it and get myself all worked up. There are worse things than being overweight during pregnancy in my opinion. I have to take the glucose test in a couple of weeks also! Yuckie!!

lilmisssunshine
08-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, the appointment was today...

I don't yet know the results of the glucose test. They haven't put them in the computer yet. But I did really like the orange stuff! haha. I was worried about a bad taste, but I was sad when my glass was over. smileys/smiley4.gif

I had gained 10lbs in the last 6 weeks, bringing me up to 30lbs total. Not too bad, except that I was already about 30lbs overweight when I got pregnant (I always say that was fortunate, because it happened after I quit smoking). Actually, I had just started a diet/exercise program to work on those pounds when I found out I was pregnant and stopped.

The doctor mentioned that my weight gain was a bit high, but he didn't harp on it, which makes me feel not too bad about it.

I'm personally not too worried. I know that I'm not going to have a problem losing once I can put on my jogging shoes!

But Keeley. I love your saying. It's become my new motto "There are worse things than being overweight during pregnancy."

LOve,
Shannon