WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : mixed feelings on induction

KimberlyD
07-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I will be 40 weeks next friday the 11th with my 3rd child. I was 3cm on this past wednesday but had been 2 cm for the last two weeks in a row. Dr says if I hadnt had her this weekend he could induce on Tuesday. Its weird for me because both my other two babies were 10 days and 3 weeks early and they both came naturally. I just dont know what to expect with in an induction, i'd prefer her tocome on her own. Would 3 days before her due date make a difference if they induced or should i just wait it out. On one hand I have already "sched" someone to stay with my kids and not have to worry about calling someone an a spur of a moment or in the middle of the night it i wait. But it just seems so planned if he induced me, and i know women go to their due date or even after.
Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

3lilangels
07-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi,

I went through the same feelings with my daugther's birth. I was due on June 7th 2006 and they kept wanting to induce me becuase she was really big. I was uncomfortable with that as I really wanted for her to come on her own. With first daugther she came a few days after my dure date so I did want to wait. However, my first daugther was delivered by c section and I really wanted to try and have a vaginal birth with my second daughter, and they felt by inducing me that helped my chances so she would not be too big. I did finally agree and was induced on June 5th unfortunately she still ended up being a c section, but I was happy to have her. The few days earlier did not seem to make a difference, and now for my third child I am scheduled for a c section July 29th but my due date is Aug 7th. I was concerned about it being to early but my doctor assured me it would be fine. I also looked at it as I have more time with my precious baby here with me.

AngelaEdited by: prbyangela

KimberlyD
07-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Thank you Angela, I am feeling better about being induced tomorrow. I have my sitter all set up for my other children.

3lilangels
07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi Kimberly,

Great! Good luck tomorrow my thoughts and prayers will be with you for a nice and easy birth and beautiful healthy baby. Sometimes when you have other children it's nice to also have it planned in advance so everything is taken care of and you can leave and give birth knowing your kids at home are set and taken care of.

When you get home let us know how you and baby are doing.

Angela