WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Has Anyone Gotten a Cricut?

RebeccaJ
07-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Bad grammar I know. Anyway, I'm just curious to know if anyone here has splurged and if so, how is it smileys/smiley1.gif

momstayshome
07-01-2008, 07:06 AM
I bought mine in March at Walmart. I now have 13 cartridges for it & the Design studio. I have to admit -I haven't even used it. I played with it once , that was it. I think I will use it more when kids are back to school -hard to pull that out, plug it in and work with it, when your kids are running around. (can barely use my photo printer without them breathing down my neck and saying oooohhhh and aaahhhhhh).
I also have a quickutz and sizzix....the quickutz is just so easy to grab and use.
If you don't mind having to set up the machine, plug it in and stuff...I say go for it.

Mary

RebeccaJ
07-03-2008, 04:57 AM
Thanks for sharing, Mary smileys/smiley1.gif

garnetgirl
07-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I've had mine for about 2 years now. I've used it quite a bit, mostly for making titles & such for my pages or cutting shapes to use on cards. I only have 6 cartridges, because they are a bit pricey.

I love my Cricut & there are a number of girls in my scrapping group that have them as well. Once girl even bought a software called Sure Cuts A Lot that is designed to use with the Cricut and your computer to cut any TTF file you have on your computer through your Cricut. I have not tried it, but she loves it.

Check out the Cricut forum here http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/ and you can see examples of what others have done with their Cricuts. Some of those ladies have created some really amazing things.

gatorheads3
07-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Hi, I have a cricuit my mom got me a month ago, it is great. We have about 20 or so carthridges, the design studio and 4 jukeboxes (you can hook up to 18 carthridge at a time, using 3 jukeboxes) Using vinyl paper is great. It is pricey but luckly we like to scrapbook and she likes to buy.Here is a pic of my laptop using the vinyl paper. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/gatorheads3/100_19641.jpgEdited by: gatorheads3

momstayshome
07-23-2008, 05:23 AM
I just finally started to use mine..I LOVE it!!!!

Have you all seen the new stuff coming out..OH MY GOSH!!!! Time to save up more money.

gatorheads3
07-23-2008, 05:48 AM
FYI...I was reading a post at the cricut messageboard, it was about using contact paper in Florida, Here is the post.

I stopped at Ace Hardware to pick up some contact paper to use with my Cricut and the owner warned me that here in Florida, termites love the adhesive! He suggested that I spray it after I put it up with a good bug spray and repeat at least once each year.

Just wanted anybody who lives in Florida....(as I do) to know about this. Edited by: gatorheads3

momstayshome
07-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Don't live in FL, but that is really interesting!!!

momstayshome
07-28-2008, 01:05 PM
If you have a cricut...did you know that Mikes has the cartridges on sale this week -40 dollars!!!!!!!

ambularc22
07-29-2008, 08:37 PM
OHHH yeah i just hit up that sale today...and I don't even have my machine yet. I gotta admit I was a little hooked after I saw that darn infomercial a few times. I just came across the cricut expression (the big one) on craigslist for 175...i'm jumpin on it!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1