WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Anyone planning a homebirth?

WickedWatkins
06-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello all! I'm sorta new here... used to be more active on Wahm.com years ago, lost my username, so now I'm starting anew.
I am 16.5 weeks preggo with my 5th baby.. I'm due December 1st.
I've had hospital births with all my previous babies and just was never completely happy with how it turned out... so this time I'm doing a homebirth!!! I am SO excited!!!
I have found an awesome midwife, great experience, reasonably priced, and she's including the birthing pool! I really want to have a waterbirth. I am really excited to have my baby at home, of course I hope and pray nothing goes wrong. She says she's had a 1% transfer rate, so that is pretty good odds. Of course anything can go wrong, but we'll be monitoring my labor as it progresses making sure baby is OK, and we do have a plan if something were to go wrong.

Anyways- anyone here had a homebirth experience? Or planning on a homebirth?
I'm also gonna give the hypnobirthing a try... I'm not expecting a painless labor lol, but anything to help me relax and NOT fear the contractions, I'm happy to give it a shot!

Ok anyways, hello other preggo ladies! I wish you all a happy and succesful birth, no matter what your birthing plans are! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

mistyraine
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Hello there. We researched homebirths/waterbirths when I was pregnant with my son. It is very limited in the state that we live in. There is one which is about 200+ miles away. Which really stinks. Congratulations on your decision. I have heard it is an awesome experience. We are pregnant again as well. It is our 4th pregnancy (5 kids in all). I have a stepdaughter. That makes a house full. It is nice to see somebody else out there with a larger family.