WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Props to you military wives!

WickedWatkins
06-19-2008, 06:56 PM
I am an ex-military wife. Went through deployments and trainings and tours while raising our kids on my own. It is hard work and I just want to let you all know that I fully respect what you all do and go through!
Try to keep your relationship alive through the deployments. We tried, but after awhile, it just didn't work for us. My husband liked the military a bit too much, he was the guy actually volunteering for deployments, even knowing he'd miss the birth of our baby *sigh* Eventually I was just sick of always waiting for him, and then when he was home, he just wasn't very proactive in the family..(he'd rather play on the computer all day than do stuff with myself or the kids) it was like having another kid in the house! So eventually we parted ways and now we're both happier. He can volunteer for all the tours he wants without a nagging wife LOL, and I have found a new man who is so proactive, LOVES to do family things, and even the kids now are just so much happier.
Ok, I just told my entire life story lol, sorry about that.
My point is, I know hard it is, and how much of a strain it can be on a relationship. I hope you all have awesome dedicated husbands who values every minute he has with his family! It is SO important! And thank God for the internet so you can all get together and share stories and find support to get through the hard times, it is such a blessing. I think back of the days of the old World Wars when the only means of communication was through writing letters, very rough!
So yeah, I'm rambling again.
Stick together, know that others are thinking about how hard you work. Military spouses need more recognition for all the hard work they do keeping the family together while their soldier is away. So kudos to you strong women! smileys/smiley32.gif
And when things get rough, remember that you're not alone, and that others are admiring your hard work and dedication smileys/smiley31.gif

Melolicious
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I second that! I was married to the Army for quite a while, and I've been on this board because of it. Hubby is on terminal leave now, he got out due to injury. It takes a special person to serve our country, and an even more special person to be married to the military.