WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

babydiddle
06-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Bobbie and I am a sahm of 2. I have been looking for a legit job working from home. I have tried a couple of the csr/telemarketing ones and I am not to enthused with those. I am really interested in doing some time of clerical work or something of sorts that require typing and using internet. I don't mind taking an online course, but I don't have the funds right now to do that. I am hoping that someone out there can help lead me in the right direction. I am really confused and need some advice. Thanks for your time and look forward to any help I can get.

Bobbie

Artist4Sale
06-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey Bobbie, your best bet is probably to look in the telecommuting folder if you are looking for J-O-B from home. If you want to start a business from home, then check out ALLLLL the MANY folders here and see if anything gets your interest.

If you are interested in travel you may want to take a look at my siggy. It's alot of training, but at least you get a LEGIT certification, and you can do most if all of it online. I LOVE travel, so this training is SO interesting and fun to me. And it almost feels like a real job! lol!

Good luck on your search, I know how hard it can be!

Stacey

babydiddle
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks Stacey,

I appreciate the advice and I will definitely check it out. It is really hard but once I get there, I know it will be worth it. I will check out your career as well, not sure about travel but will keep it in mind. Thanks again

Bobbie

Colorado WAHD
06-08-2008, 08:54 PM
There are TONS of job opportunities listed here Bobbie. I am a WAHD now and my wife worked was a SAHM and did a biz from there as well. Take a look around the forums here for job opportunities or home businesses. My wife found hers very portable when I was hauling her around the world :) Best of luck..I know how it feels...and least how my wife felt having to leave her job.

Artist4Sale
06-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Bobbie, NP http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gifI went through a few businesses myself before I found a "fit" :0) the WAH thing is tough til you find what works for you! Good luck on your search, let us know when you find something! I always like to support fellow WAHM's!

Stacey

ckshultz
07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
My question is do you have to invest money into these busniesses

Patty Gale
07-30-2008, 07:50 PM
My question is do you have to invest money into these busniesses

If you start your own business or join a direct sales / business opportunity, then yes. Any business costs money to start.

If you are looking for something like a telecommuting job, then you are an employee or contract worker so no, you should be paying moneyfor a job.

ckshultz
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Thank you

shannonault3
08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
What I have been doing for the last year has been working wonderfully! I was a dental assistant making really good money, but I wanted to be home. I tried this programand it's done so well for me thatI was able to quit my JOB!!!! I believe that I have the best system ever! I made $5000 on my first sale the first week I joined!It can make you potentially $250K a year!

Browning
09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey Bobbie. First, I would like to thankyou for the service your husband is doing. Putting his butt on the line so everyone can sleep peacfully at night here at home. Thanks again.
If your looking for something to do from home and dosn't involve an arm and a leg to start, please check out my link and let me know what you think.