WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Just found out...

lcrawfordville
05-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey Girls,
I have not posted on here in a LONG time, and never in this folder. I took a home test this past Sunday that said Pregnant as big as life. I am terrified.
For one, I am 37 years old, I am scared to death that something will be wrong with it. I had my first child at 31, he was born with a rare blood disorder, and was diagnosed with a form of autism at age three. I keep having these visions of having a two headed baby.
I also had gestational diabetis with my first child, and I know the risk increases as you get older. This was a total shock to us. We did not plan to have any more children. I go to the Dr Tues of next week to "make sure" and I keep hoping that the home test was faulty I know that its not though.
I need some advice and some serious "calm me down" talks. Im not trying to pry or be nosey but are any of you over the age of 35?
Thanks for listening.

kalmond
05-22-2008, 09:58 AM
First of all congrats! Second, The best things come along when they are not planned. I will be praying for you and hope that everything will be ok. As I am sure you know every pregnancy is different and this may be your blessing in disguise(sp?)

lcrawfordville
05-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks, we are hoping and praying for the best. I go to the dr next week, and of course, we have to tell the inlaws. I am not looking forward to that either.
Thanks again for your support.