WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Estate Auctions/Proxibid

Missourimom
01-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Do any of you frequent estate auctions for good, unique finds? I moved to Missouri from Florida and it seems that where I live now they have a lot of estate auctions. Not so much in the winter but there were a ton when we got here in the fall. I'm not really familiar with them and have never been. I also came across proxibid.com which is a site that lets you bid on estate type auctions online. It seems like a good place to get some deals if you look and want to be online during the auction or put a prebid in. But I'm wary to use them because all the auctioneers charge such a high percentage buyer premium on top of the winning bid and then shipping seems liek it's overpriced. Anyone have any experience with any of this? Living in a small town now there aren't too many places for me to find quality items to resell. The closest mall is an hour and a half away and it's small. Definitely different from south florida....I may have to stock up when I visit.

Rhyah

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1