WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : The Anti-Inflammation Diet

birmingham4
05-05-2008, 07:27 PM
OK, there are many reasons why one would be on the Anti-Inflammation diet. Honestly, from my research it seems like we should all be eating this way 99% of the time.

I am have temendous success....and I'm hoping it lasts!

I have had chronic pain for over 2 1/2 years and I have tried everything....YES EVERYTHING! But, now I am getting some seriously good results and I want to know if anyone else out there is on this diet or wants to do it? We could support each other.

angienewton
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I have never heard of it. Is there a website link that explains it?

birmingham4
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
There is lots of information if you google it....but the best books I've seen are by 1.) Dr. Sears 2.) Jessica Black (doesn't explain so much of the scientific details but gives great simple info and recipes) and 3.) Dr. Perricone...
There are many other doctors like Dr. Weil and another guy in my area here in San Diego that has his own radio show called Pain Free but I really haven't dove into those because what I have is working for me thus far.

It basically boils down to two things if you want to put it simply 1) Some food are know to produce inflammation in our bodies and some food are known to reduce inflammation 2) The types of carbohydrates we pick to put in our meal and then our bodies controls (or spikes) our blood sugar levels. When we spike to high by drinking juices, sugars, white flours....we are creating an inflammatory response in our bodies.

Inflmmation is becoming a HOT topic because they are finding link to: Diabetes, Chronic Pain, Obesity, Some Heart/circulatory problems, just to name a few.

angienewton
05-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks for sharing. Very interesting!

birmingham4
05-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Inflammation has long been linked to both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Now, there’s emerging research that also links chronic inflammation to allergies, asthma, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, diabetes, digestive disorders, heart disease, hormonal imbalances and osteoporosis. Andrew Weil, holistic health M.D., Nicholas Perricone, M.D., an anti-aging expert, Jeffrey Bland, Ph.D., a biochemist who popularized the concept “genetic nutritioneering,” and health writer Jack Challem, author of The Inflammation Syndrome, have spoken widely about the damage that inflammation causes.

Injured tissues become inflamed and result in redness, heat, swelling, pain and loss of function. When acute inflammation doesn’t shut down, it becomes chronic and causes damage to the injured tissues. Bland, the nutritional biochemist, says, “Inflammatory stimuli, such as bacterial infection, trauma, ischemic events, stress-related events, toxic exposures, allergens and chronic viral infections activate the inflammatory response.”

According to the health experts I mention, the biggest culprit in causing abnormal inflammation is the pathetic “standard American diet” (SAD) of heavily processed convenience and fast foods. Perricone believes that “Inflammation equals aging. Inflammation is the reason you get wrinkles; why you forget everything from where you left your car keys to your neighbor’s first name; why you can be irritable and depressed and why you lose the healthy bloom of youth.”

Inflammation is what causes arthritic pain, stiffness when using your muscles, the wheezing of asthma and the discomfort of allergies. It is even possible that the progression of atherosclerosis is directly related to chronic inflammation in up to 50 percent of cases. Excess acid production also increases the inflammatory response leading to loss of bone and joint tissues.
By: Bonnie C Minsky
consciouschoice.com

birmingham4
05-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Cont'd
Andrew Weil commented at a recent conference, “The idea on the medical horizon is that chronic inflammation is a root cause of degenerative diseases.”

It is time for medical schools to improve nutrition education. If physicians are trained to use “food as medicine,” they may not need to rely upon drugs (and their distressing side-effects) to treat the inflammatory process.

birmingham4
05-16-2008, 01:00 PM
OK, ladies. After 2 and 1/2 years of sever chronic pain and tons of money invested into both traditional and alternative medicine....my inflammation is about gone. I have returned to all activities and I have a new mission in life...and new product.

If you have anyone in your life that suffers from problems of loud or silent iflammation (including but not limited to blood pressure, chronic pain, diabetes...just to name a few). you may want to try this natural remedy. I never thought i would be giving other people hope where hope may be struggling or even lost.

Since we cannot mention product name....please email or pm me if you want more info. I am responding to my posts on this topic because of you dear WAHM's who took the time to post on my topic.

God is Good!!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley27.gif

lolah
05-28-2008, 04:40 AM
So, what do you eat?

Does it say how to get rid of inflammation of the stomach??

birmingham4
05-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Yes, gastric and GI problems are one of the things mentioned. In a nutshell, I try to not spike my blood sugar at any point during the day. That takes creative eating sometimes.

Often, I eat plenty. Here's an example ofa lunch I had last week: One slice of salmon and two cups of lightly sauted mushrooms, bean sprouts, and green beans. Tossed with just a tiny bit of EVOO and Balsamic vinegar. It was HUGE plate of food that left me satisfied for hours.

If you want more info on the specific books, etc. you can pm me....I gotta take the kiddo's to school right now.

deadra
05-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I can believe the inflamation and food thing.

I have IC and I have to watch about eating/drinking certain foods and certain activities.

Best of luck to you and glad you found something that works for you!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1