WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hi from Guam :)

JenEricRal
05-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Just saying HI from Guam :) I am usually hanging out in the Scentsy forum, but saw this one :) My DH is Navy and we only have 6 months left before moving back stateside!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! LOL

sweetiepy
05-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey Jennifer!!

WOO HOO for you!!!. How long have you been in Guam? We have been here in Japan for 3 llooooonnnggg years lol. We are heading back next month to the states finally lol.

Jordan

JenEricRal
05-05-2008, 09:51 AM
You probably know exactly how I feel then...LOL. We have been here 2.5 yrs. I am SO SICK OF HOT WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!

sweetiepy
05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
lol! Do you get to at least have airconditioning?

JenEricRal
05-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh yes! If it weren't for a/c, I would have moved back to the states a long time ago...LOL!

Takethelead
05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi Jennifer! Here's another military wife (AF) saying Hello! We nearly got sent to Guam but then it fell thru!Sounds like I dodged a bullet! lol

I saw a tv show once that showed the snake problem on the island.Is it really that bad? http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif

Unfortunately, this spouses board is pretty slow...but you can find some real chatty women up there on the Join the Discussion board. It's really addictive tho! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Glad you're coming home soon!

JenEricRal
05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Guam really is not THAT bad. There are a LOT of people who do a 2nd tour here because they enjoy it so much. However, I am from Colorado, so this year-round summer is KILLING ME! I am melting!!!

Also, after 2.5yrs here, I can't wait to not have to fill out customs forms at the post office. I can't wait to be able to find more things without ordering them online. I can't wait to buy milk that isn't good for 2 months (I'm not kidding, the milk is usually good for 2 months. It's creepy.)

If you love tropical islands as well as diving/snorkeling, and you don't mind the summer, this would be the place for you! I am not a beach person and hate the heat so I would have been good with a 2 year tour here!

I have never seen an alive snake that is not caged. Most people have not. I have seen a couple dried up dead ones, but that is about it. We, by far, saw more snakes in our backyard in Pensacola, FL than we have here!

Takethelead
05-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Sounds like it's been an adventure to remember...I just occasionally have the urge to go to the beach so I understand!

That's good you don't have the snake prob. This was something I saw probably 10 years ago so they must have gotten it under control or it was just an exageration.

Anyway, nice chattin' with ya. Now go have a big old glass of ancient milk, lol!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif