WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

mom2amor
04-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi!

I have been doing some research into possible opportunities for me to get involved in, and digital scrapbooking is one that interests me.

I was wondering if there are any Heritage Makers consultants, or Cherish ?Bound? (I think that is what it is called!) who could give me a bit more information.

I have gone through the sites, and they look good, but I am a bit unsure about a few things. The truth is - the compensation plans and points systems and everything else that so many of these companies use completely confuse mesmileys/smiley9.gif

I haven't been involved in any kind of business like this, involving home parties etc. before. I am a bit of a shy person, so is it possible to be involved in other ways as well as parties? Using the internet or anything like that. I know that I will need to do parties and other events - but I just don't know how many I would be able to do with 2 little girls and my husband being a truck driversmileys/smiley24.gif

Anyway - I would love a bit more information, if possible. Exactly how it works - for example, when I have a party and someone wants to do a book - do they need to sign up for a monthly membership etc.

Anything that you can think of really, would be great to help me decide!

Thanks! You can answer here, PM me or send me an email to

marie.pugh71 [at] gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Marie

cherishbound176
05-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Hi Marie,
I'm a founding consultant with Cherish Bound. I've been with them for 3 1/2 years and I can answer all of your questions.

Many people are attracted to the digital scrapbooking right now and it's growing....they're finding it fitting some of their time and budget constraints. All memory keeping is awesome, but some ways fit into others lives better and this is a way of memory keeping that is not only becoming popular but people are getting results.

Our compensation plan is INCREDIBLY easy to follow. We have 5 advancement levels that are easy to obtain. The first being very easy to stay active while the highest is very achievable with great results. I'll email you PDF copy of it to the email below.

If it makes you feel any better, I NEVER went to a home party or attended one before I started with CB. EVER!! My husband was quite shocked actually. But this idea fit my lifestyle as did the business opportunity. I do believe that there are huge pluses and bonuses from holding home parties...I won't lie about that. That is an amazing place to build a business.But it's not the only with CB. We hold workshops, I do personal publishing services for people (they pay me to do their dirty work), we have a Children's Author program that is HUGE, we have home parties that are designed for larger groups, but one of our most popular ones is doing a very small private get-to-gether using our Family Story Profile. It's so much fun and east to do around a kitchen table with 2, 3 or even 1 other person. Here is the link to check it out http://www.cherishbound.com/opportunity/ssprofile.php

I have 5 kids and a hubby that travels and I'm doing just fine with it time and working my business. there is an art to it, but it works with my family, the commitments we have and the crazy schedules we run. I can work from home and be successful.

We have NO monthly memberships, no software, and our publishing center is web-based so you can work on projects from anywhere you have internet access.

One thing that really sets us apart from other companies that do strictly photos books or digital scrapbooking is that we're into finding the "stories". When you to the website and look around there is so much info about story...how to find it, capture it and put it down. We have great products that teach people, and help them find the stories so they're not hung up on the finding every single photo or spending too much time with the decor part of memory keeping. Our way is proven to get people publishing and get their memories and stories on the shelves.94% of ourCustomers who attend workshops PUBLISH! I've never seen so many people get so many books done in such short periods of time...it's amazing!

There are endless possibilities, you just have to find the right fit for you and your family. I'd love to chat with you more if you have any questions. Check your email for some more info.

here's agreat link on our opportunity....(takes a few seconds to load)
http://www.videoutah.com/Misc/Clients/Recruitment.scm_1Mbps.mov (http://www.videoutah.com/Misc/Clients/Recruitment.scm_1Mbps.mov)

Take care!

Tara

mommy1
05-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Just sent you a PM on Heritage Makers! Where in Canada are you?

mom2amor
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the information!

I am going to take a couple of days to go through everything. I appreciate you guys taking time to give me this info to look at.

I live in Manitoba - about a 2 hours drive west of Winnipeg. We are in a very small town, and rural area, so I know there are no other consultants in either companies around here. We have alot of Creative Memories consultants here, but that is is really.

Thanks again! I will be in touch.

Marie

KimGuymon
05-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Marie,

I hear ya' on the confusing aspect of the mulit-level compensation. I'm right there with you. I love the idea of the digital books, but just can't deal with the comp plans. I want to know what I make for selling what I sell. Just give me the money for selling your stuff and we'll call it a day. Don't confuse me with matrix's and charts and graphs and levels and bonuses and commissions smileys/smiley36.gif.

I am currently in negotiation with a company to basically have the opportunity to offer you your OWN digital book business - including your own brand! The quality of this company's books (and other digital products - posters, mugs, etc) is OUTSTANDING and the software is easy for anyone to use. And, the best part is that you get to set your own prices!!!

When I get the opportunity set up, I will be offering it to both ScrapBiz members and businesses who get my free eZine. You can go to ScrapBiz.com (http://www.ScrapBiz.com) and sign up for our monthly eZine if you want to be able to get the announcement. It will be the independent ScrapBiz solution to the multi-level direct sales digital book options. I am pretty sure it will be available in Canada, too!

Edited by: KimGuymon

ZachMadsMom
05-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Actually, it's pretty easy to understand what you are going to make when you sell something with Heritage Makers. Sell a book, you get 20%. Sell a package, you get 20%. Simple.

Bonuses aren't that cut and dry but it's not something to loose sleep over.

Marie - I hope to see you join the Heritage Makers family. There are very few in Canada and I can't wait to see more!!!

As for your question about how you can do it with 2 small kids and a husband that is a truck driver, you can do it. I have a gal on my team that is a Director. She has 2 kids (one under 1) and her husband is a pilot. His schedule is crazy and unpredictable for the most part. But she is able to do it. They sit down together, go over the days they know he is untouchable and she schedules from there. She does have family that helps out if needed as well.

One beautiful part that I love about my Heritage Makers business, is the use of Go To Meetings. I can do virtual workshops online at any time of th day. Really helps to fill in those gaps when I can't do an outside the home show.

I'm sure Michelle answered a lot of your questions. Please let either of us know if you have any more.

iagirl
05-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Just a thought...Why not do scrapbooking for people. I know I hate to scrapbook. It's just not my thing.

People could mail or email you the photos. You scan them & do digital scrapbook pages then mail them a digital scrapbook on dvd. You can buy Roxio Media creator on ebay pretty cheap to create the dvd with menus.

ZachMadsMom
05-30-2008, 05:17 AM
I actually do offer to do scrapbooks for people. I charge by the book or by the page, depends on the project.

iagirl
05-30-2008, 08:27 AM
It is a great thing for people like me who just can't get into it. I've been to scrapbooking parties & seen some really nice looking ones but when I try it just doesn't excite me. I read the forums just for some ideas. I keep hoping someday I'll find the time to sort pictures & at least get them in albums.

I have never heard of anyone doing it around here. Maybe they just don't advertise much.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1