WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What’s dropshipping?

3timesamommy
12-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Hello- I'm new to the idea of working at home (I thought I just had to keep being broke & getting deeper in debt) and I'm looking at all the options. My husband & I had always talked about selling stuff on ebay fort wholesale, so finding people that actually do this is really exciting for me.

Anyway, you guys keep talking about "dropshipping". What is that? And is there anything else important I should know about this type of business?

my1son
12-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Drop shipping is when you find a manufacturer or warehouse company who has products you sell, than place the order with them and they ship to your customer usually with your business name on the package. The other alternative is you have to purchase the Item and be in receipt of it then sell it and than ship it yourself. Good Luck!!!smileys/smiley1.gif

3timesamommy
12-23-2005, 11:05 PM
OK I get it, thanks. But now I'm wondering why a manufacturer would need people to sell for them? Why not just sell their own stuff?

my1son
12-23-2005, 11:09 PM
The more people they have selling for them the more they sell.

3timesamommy
12-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Well that makes sense!smileys/smiley9.gif

bingsbijou
01-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm wanting to dabble in this myself. I'm glad there is a forum for this where I can learn and ask questions! Since I'm sure I will soon.

arealhoneybee
01-06-2006, 08:14 PM
If you like Bath and Body Products, I am with a couple of different Companies that have been super businesses for me. I would love to share more info., if you are interested. Both of them are very dependable and always ship within 3-7 days, so even on Ebay, I have never had a problem with my customers.

Email me if interested in more details: [email protected]

Many Blessings,

~Deirdre Holladay

Owner

In the Light Candle and Bath

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1