WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : HIIT ?

BlessYourHeart
04-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Can I do HIIT on my elliptical or is it only beneficial sprinting? I normally use my elliptical for about 40 minutes at the same speed and burn about 500 calories. I would love to decrease the workout time some days and still up my metabolism and calories burned.

Thanks,
Shana

Kitt B Fit
04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey Shana!

You can do HIIT with any exercise activity. It would really be awesome for your eliptical- you'll get a better workout in 1/2 the time.

Cheers,
--Kitt

OrangeSmoke20
04-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I do HIIT with the eliptical and man you get a work out. I don't go super hard yet because I am having a problem with my toes falling asleep while on the eliptical but in the next couple of weeks I will increase it.
I go from 4.5/5 mph to 6.5/7 mph for 3 minutes then back down to 4.5/5 mph for 3 minutes and so forth! I started doing this last week and it really makes you work! Edited by: OrangeSmoke20

angienewton
04-06-2008, 06:27 AM
I don't go super hard yet because I am having a problem with my toes falling asleep while on the eliptical

Dawn,
We had that problem too on the elliptical until we were shown how to use it correctly. You need to make sure that your weight is not just on the balls of your feet but on your heels as well. I find that if I focus on how my heels are positioned, my toes no longer fall asleep. Plus make sure you are standing straight, no hunching over, everything alignedsmileys/smiley2.gif

OrangeSmoke20
04-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't go super hard yet because I am having a problem with my toes falling asleep while on the eliptical

Dawn,
We had that problem too on the elliptical until we were shown how to use it correctly. You need to make sure that your weight is not just on the balls of your feet but on your heels as well. I find that if I focus on how my heels are positioned, my toes no longer fall asleep. Plus make sure you are standing straight, no hunching over, everything alignedsmileys/smiley2.gif

Thanks Angie! I kinda felt like I was putting my toes into more then my heels so now I will definitely pay attention to it and make sure my whole foot is planted properly!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1