WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Turbo Jammers--I Need Your Help!!

tparbs
03-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Hi!

Okay, so I have the Turbo Jam DVD with the 5 different work outs. My thing is it seems so hard to learn the moves!! Is it me?

Any tips on getting the moves down? I really want to get into this!! Maybe I should so slow mo!! lol

Thanks in advance, girls!!

FV Mom
03-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Hey Terri! Start with Learn & Burn, it'll really help you get the moves down. Tip: The Cardio Party is easier to learn than the 20 minute workout lol. The best thing to do is practice, practice, practice. The best part is, you burn a ton of calories and have a ton of fun while learning! Edited by: FV Mom

chrlstoncharmed
03-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Nope, it isn't just you! Good news, eh? LOL

Kass is right - the Cardio Party is easier than the 20 minute workout. The 20 minute is faster paced and a little awkward until you get the hang of it.

Honestly, it took me a while before I "got it" and I still have trouble with the side kicks. But just do what you can. Keep moving to the music and you will eventually catch on to the moves. Don't put pressure on yourself to get the routine exactly the way they do it on the DVD - the important part is getting your HR up ... and having fun.

There are lots of places I substitute moves. I'll often do a tap in place of a side kick. Instead of the jacks after the tae kwon do punches, I just shake it. In Fat Blaster, I hate doing the up/down punches, so I just do cross punches.

There are also a couple places where they are off beat in the CP workout ... one that comes to mind is the jab/row combo ... so even the DVD isn't perfect.

You'll get it! It just takes some time.smileys/smiley1.gif

Kitt B Fit
03-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Hang in there, Terri!

There's a learning curve, but if you keep at it, you'll be jammin' like a pro in no time. Most important: HAVE FUN! The moves will fall into place.

Like Melle and Kass, I am also a huge fan of the Cardio Party workouts.

Careful= T.J. is ADDICTIVE! smileys/smiley4.gif

BTW Terri- you look AWESOME, Girl!

--Kitt

tparbs
03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much, you guys! I really appreciate the tips and encouragement! I've never even put the Cardio Party in 'coz I thought it'd be tougher! lol

I've heard T.J. is addictive! Here's to hoping I'll be an addict!!! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif
Kitt...thanks so much for the compliment! Now to just get myself toned up!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1