WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Baby weight...

findout
03-14-2008, 10:51 PM
My son just turned 2 months old and now I am ready to start losing the baby andnot sobaby weight. I'm looking at losing about 50 lbs. I'm going to diet but I'm also considering joining a local weight loss program for Women. Guess I can't mention the name...but they are the ones that have you work oout for like 30 mins. every so many days and they are only for women. So my question is if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with them?

Thanks for the input!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

findout
03-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Oh-yeah...Has anyone used the new dietpills that are FDA approved?

Gracias!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

happymommy
03-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi Maria,

Congrats on your little one and on getting ready to be a fit Momma! I think you are talking about Curves? As far as I know, it's OK to mention those names. The main rule here is for those of us who represent nutritional/weight loss home businesses. It's best if those names aren't brought up, because it keeps people from constantly trying to push their won products here in the weight-loss folder.

Anyway, you CAN do this! I haven't been to Curves, but know several people who love it. They are very popular here, because there's one on every corner. They must do something right! :)

I have not used any OTC diet pills. Why don't you give it a shot without them first and see how you do? I read an article the other day that made a great point. If you start out right off the bat with a diet pill, how will know what your *own* efforts with diet & exercise are producing?

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

Jenn

lolah
03-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi there! My son will be 3 months on Tuesday and I am looking to lose weight also. I think I am going to start with Turbo Jam. I also joined WW, but haven't really started yet.

Edited by: lolah

FV Mom
03-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Lolah I love your new avatar! I like your cut...is that a new color? It really goes great with your skin tone.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif

OrangeSmoke20
03-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Everyone gave you some excellent advice.
As for Curves...I have seen people have success but I hear it also gets boring after awhile....have you checked out other gyms in your area? (please don't think I am downing Curves...I have never actually taken a class although I have been in one)
Theother thingI wanted to chime in here with was don't depend on diet pills. Diet pills may help but if you don't change your lifestyle and make a permanant change....diet pills won't help you after you go off.
Best of luck to you in losing the 50lbs....it is hard work but it is so worth it!

lolah
03-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Lolah I love your new avatar! I like your cut...is that a new color? It really goes great with your skin tone.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif

Thank you! I just saw this post...LOL. The color is the same...auburn. It's kinda hard to see in the avatar...I would just post it...but not sure if EVERYONE wants to see me...LOL http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

marleymauve
03-17-2008, 06:18 AM
I was just going to say that for many, the baby weight starts to melt off at 6 months, once baby is on solids especially if you're breastfeeding.

Producing milk can burn 500 calories a day on its own and it's very very hard to burn that much doing exercise so many women find that by doing very little or just moderate exercise, after baby is on solids the extra pounds melt off.

Doesn't sound like you want to wait 4 months to lose weight and Curves sounds like a great idea but just wanted to mention it because some women find that they have trouble losing weight while breast feeding before baby is on solids because your body holds a reserve to be sure you have the ability to produce milk.

Cheers,
Dana

amanda966
06-13-2016, 07:11 AM
I have been drinking an organic weight loss tea called mummy magic tea that helped me shedding all my pregnancy weight round about 35 lbs.

empoweredmom
08-21-2016, 04:54 PM
My customers use Wrap Remove Reboot System, Defining Gel (cellulite), Stretch Mark Cream.

Dugsmom
10-31-2016, 02:45 PM
Is there a free trial period? Ask them and if so try it out first. I know people who love Curves and others who didn't like it. Also, look for gyms with Les Mills programs. The programs are wonderful and fun. There are lots of options so you start with the low option and slowly work your way up to higher options. But definitely do a trial period if you try out any gym with group fitness or circuit training.
Beachbody (I do not sell BB products) just released a new group fitness class called "Country Heat Live." It's a big hit here. It's like line dancing and very easy to follow and a GOOD workout. I am not into country, never liked line dancing but I liked this class. And you get a good low impact workout. Perfect for someone who just had a baby.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1