WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Those last 10 pesky pounds...

Bev S
03-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Okay, maybe more like 15...

Last summer, I was only about 5 pounds from my goal weight... over the winter, I've gained 10 smileys/smiley19.gif

I'm going on a cruise in May and I really want to lose the 10 that I gained and it would be wonderful if I actually lost all 15 before I go!

I think I've finally got my kick in the pants, and I started exercising again two weeks ago, but was still eating lousy.... stupid Girl Scout cookies anyway!!!!

So, this week has been good so far. Went to the gym 2 times and we're going again tonight. I've been careful about what I've been eating and have not had any Girl Scout cookies since Sunday! smileys/smiley36.gif Hey, that's a big accomplishment in my house!!!!

I've been bringing my lunch to work with me each day so that I'm not starved by the time I get home. And I've been snacking on healthy foods.

So, wish me luck in kicking those last 10 (or 15) pounds!

Any advice you have is welcomed!!!!

Bev

lolah
03-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I am with you, girl. I am trying to lose the last 10 pounds of my baby weight...plus some. I am going to see my family in May also and would like to be healthier (and smaller!)

IBringTheSpa2U
03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Good luck!! I'm sure you'll have that rockin' bod you want before your cruise. I have about 25 pounds to go and I seem to be at a plateau so wish me luck.

bizzyb08
03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Good luck to you...and have fun on your cruise.

I wanted to lose about 13 pounds, and I'm up and down, but I've lost a good9 lbs. since Christmas. My thing was hot tamales. I ate a package of those every day. I'm not kidding, EVERY day. I have a job where I sit on my behind, and I wasn't exercising at all. Now I got to gym 2-4 times a week, depending on kid's activities...no more snacking on hot tamales...and I eat much much better. I eat lots of fruit and veggies, and when I don't take something healthy for lunch, I eat Subway.

Bev S
03-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Super!

Well....ta da! I'm down 2 pounds since last week! I'm the leader for our local TOPS weight loss support group and it has been embarrassing to have gained... so it felt wonderful last night when I was weighed and was down 2 full pounds!!! I was the biggest loser this week!

Here's to a great week!

Bev

bizzyb08
03-14-2008, 06:43 AM
That's great, Bev!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

It's definitely hard keeping it off, huh? Losing 9 pounds sounds good, but I've been up and downa fewlbs the whole time. I know there's water weight and all that jazz, but it's hard to stick to eating an orange instead of some candy or something. I do pretty good if when I keep up the exercise. I gain the most back when I skip the gym for a week. With baseball season starting it will become even harder to get there.

tparbs
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Bev,

I'm cruising in May, too! Hubby, my 8 yr old son, and I are heading to Disney World and then the Disney Cruise May 14th! I can't wait! Where are you headed?

The nutritional cleansing system I did will take those pounds right off and you'll be feeling like a million bucks! On the 9 Day system I released 14 lbs and 10 1/2 inches. So this is some thing you can do that will give you rapid but healthy weight loss. It's all natural and something every person needs to do--cleanse! We're all bombarded with chemicals, pesticides, and all kinds of pollution. Our bodies actually generate fat to coat those impurities in our body to keep us from getting ill or diseased. Once you cleanse, your body will finally release them! Most people find they have so much more energy and feel so good after cleansing!

So if you'd like to learn more, just give me a buzz!

Have a blast on your cruise! I know I will! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

OrangeSmoke20
03-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey Bev...
I hear you on those last 10 pesky pounds. Man I have been working on it for a while now and THEY WILL NOT BUDGE. Today my BF gave me an awesome motivation....a tip yourself jar...LOL! I took a jar and will give myself $5 for every 1lb I lose until I hit 10lbs....then I will go get my new tattoo that I promised myselfI would get once I dropped the weight. This is awesome this way because then I lose those last 10lbs, get my tattoo, and I only need to take $20 or so out of the bank to pay for the tattoo instead of having to take $70 or so!

Best of luck to you Bev losing those last pounds. Keep us posted on your success!!!!

angienewton
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Hiya Bev! I know you can get rid of those 15 lbs. Keep working out at the gym and watch your calories BUT make sure you are getting enough calories too. Eat healthy and drink your water.

I know you're so excited about your cruise. That will be a blast.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1