WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : eating breakfast????

maryc
03-10-2008, 07:08 AM
ok... I was wondering if just eating breakfast will help you lose weight? I have been eating breakfast for the last 2 weeks and I have lost 5 lbs... I have not been doing anything different. Just wondering if this is what helped me lose weight.

jnmurra
03-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Yup! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif So the experts say, anyway.

Heather610
03-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I have been wondering if i should start to force myself to..., I know you are supposed to...but i am never hungry. I do believe this causes me to binge later in the day and at night though...
Heather

maryc
03-10-2008, 08:37 AM
well as of now I have been eating 2 egg whites.. and ham and toast. and a glass of orange juice.

nothing big... just something simple... and I have lost weight... i am going to keep this up... i will keep you all posted on if I lose more...

happymommy
03-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes and good for you! :) Keep it up. Breakfast helps kick in your metabolism for the day. Also, as Heather mentioned, helps keep you from over eating later in the day.

Heather, I've never been a big breakfast eater either. I much prefer a protein shake 1st thing over solid food. You might give that a shot. I also like natural peanut butter on wheat toast. One of those 2 things is what I do every morning.

Jenn

simplesahm
03-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Absolutely!

The same thing happened to me. I was watching Dr. Oz on Oprah talk about how important breakfast is in terms of weight loss.

I started going from 2 meals per day...(a tiny lunch...and a monstrous - *I am starving now* dinner).

The weight almost fell off when I added in a breakfast, small snack, lunch, small snack and dinner.

Calorie-wise...I was probably eating the same. I feel better too and am much nicer to my kiddos at 3pm when I used to crash. =)

mompenguin
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, I do eat oatmeal with fresh berries and a little vanilla yogurt everyday (for the last couple of weeks). I haven't lost anything, but I'm not as hungry the rest of the day.

Jeannine

OrangeSmoke20
03-10-2008, 09:01 PM
They say Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It gets your body started and starts up your metabolism!
Congrats on the 5lbs lost. Keep us up to date on your progress!

cup-o-chai
03-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I always eat breakfast. But I find that if it is too heavy in carbs or anything that has a lot of sugar, I am hungry again much sooner. I stick with eggs, oatmeal, or yogurt and granola mostly.

murphyj
03-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi Mary,

DR'S Oz and Roizen (Oprah's Doctors) say that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and by eating breakfast it causes you not to eat wrong later in the day, and therefore you will lose weight If you get a chance you should try to get a copy of DR. Roizen's "LIVE YOUNGER...DIE OLDER" CD
lotsa good info there. Have a good day.

Jim Murphy

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1