WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

JogGirl
02-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Here is something you all might find useful to keep in mind...its 10 Tips for Exercise Success:

10 Tips (http://www.24hourfitness.com/resources/fitness/exercise_success.html)

I think a lot it is is so true on why we stop exercising. Are you getting a variety in your workouts?

angienewton
02-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for sharing that article. It was really good.

I am getting a nice variety in my workouts since we joined the fitness center. I have always done a wide variety though, even at home since it helps with boredom.

JogGirl
02-29-2008, 11:06 AM
No problem! Any help is good help! :-)

I actually thought that working out was going to be harder than it has been going. Variety does definitely help with boredom. Like 24 Hour Fitness has about 30 different classes I can try, pools, even relaxing saunas to mix into my routine. I like that I am not limited to a treadmill and weight set.

Is your fitness center offering all that to you as well?

angienewton
02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes, our fitness center offers a good variety of classes, a sauna but no pool boo hoosmileys/smiley36.gif The only thing I don't like is that hubby and I can't go in the sauna together, there is one in the mens area and one in the women's. He uses it every day. I have not used it at all.

I had looked at the 24 hour Fitness site but there are none local to us. This one we joined is actually perfect, right on hubby's way to work. It sure was a blessing to find it.

JogGirl
03-12-2008, 03:18 PM
That is too bad there are none close to you. Sounds like the gym you are currently going to you is very convenient to get to. I have about 5 different locations with 10 miles of work and home. So I also love the convenience of finding a gym close to me.smileys/smiley20.gif

I am really enjoying the variety that I can choose from, sounds like you are too! It really makes working out fun, don't you think?

angienewton
03-12-2008, 07:10 PM
You most definitely have it nice since there are so many in the area between your work and home.

Having the variety does make working out fun!

JogGirl
03-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Yes it does! What different classes have you tried? They have a bunch at 24 Hour Fitness...ranging from Yoga to Kick Boxing. I have tried Kick Boxing and Boot Camp since I tried some home DVD's on them before so I had some what of some experience with them.

angienewton
03-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Right now the only classes I take at the gym are Turbo Kick. I do that Mon., Tues., and Wed. I may try to take the Zumba class one of these days and hubby and I might do a yoga and spin class too.

JogGirl
03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Isn't kick boxing so intense? I love it! Are your classes held in big rooms that really allow you to utilize the space? I went from a big change...from doing dvd's in my living room to the studio space they give you at 24 hr fitness to perform the moves. I don't feel too boxed in either. It was funny, me and a friend used to really attempt not to hit each other when we both used to do DVD's together in my living room! LOL!

angienewton
03-24-2008, 06:05 PM
LOL!

Kickboxing is intense and I love it. The gym I go to does have a big room so it's much different for sure than doing it at home. Tonight's class was jam packed but it was awesome and I worked my butt off.

JogGirl
03-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Does your class require you to sign up before, or you just walk in. Have they ever denied anyone because it was too crowded?

angienewton
03-26-2008, 05:02 PM
No sign up required and I have only been going for about a month but haven't heard that they ever denied anyone from attending. We just make room LOL The more the merrier I saysmileys/smiley2.gif

JogGirl
04-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Well as long as your fitness centers can accommodate a lot of members without feeling boxed in, that's all that matters! Overall, is your fitness center pretty large?

angienewton
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
True!

Our fitness center is not large at all, compared to Bally's or Gold's anyway LOL

We always go early on the weekends and it's pretty much empty, and when we go in the mornings during the week there is hardly anyone there. This morning there were 4 of us working on cardio and maybe 2 over doing weights. But when my Turbo Kick class was over at 9:15 am, there were a lot more people there. And when I get to the gym for my PM TK classes, it's crowded and that is around 5 PM.

How are things going? What type of workouts do you do at your gym?

JogGirl
04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure how large Bally's and Gold's are...24 Hour Fitness is my 1st gym having membership with. Their sport gyms I go to are very large, over 35k sq. ft and multiple levels. I spend more time with cardio than anything. When I get off early on Tues/Friday I can check out the classes since other days I work out in the late evenings when classes stop running after 8 pm. I love that I am able to switch up my routine to accommodate my schedule which seems like its non stop!smileys/smiley2.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1