WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Wednesday 2/20-Check In

angienewton
02-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Stay accountablesmileys/smiley1.gif

angienewton
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM
44 min. Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 and 25 squats w/medicine ball</font>

mommytotwo
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
WATP Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles

IBringTheSpa2U
02-20-2008, 12:12 PM
15 mins on the treadmill (1.5 miles)
50 minute Spinning class

Craftgrrl
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
See, Lisa? Always doing the hard, scary stuff! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif One day you will inspire me to get on the elliptical or do a spinning class!

So far today: 32 min. treadmill, uphill plus 15 min. weights. Also at home 75 crunches, workout on the Pilates ring, bicep curls. I might go back to the gym to try a HIIT workout. It might kill me so we'll see!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Okay, did the crunches and the Pilates ring, no bicep work. And I did go back to the gym for 42 min. of HIIT. I hope I did it right! It was INTENSE and it burned like 50% more calories. When I left everything BURNED - arms, legs, back, etc. but it felt GOOD!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifEdited by: Craftgrrl

elfinsnow
02-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Woohoo- I did it!
3 mile walk away the waistline.
Terry

IBringTheSpa2U
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Craftgrrl,

Try Spinning - you will get addicted!! If you do try it, I recommend that you commit to going at least 2 or 3 times. You will probably be very sore after your first class and not want to go back. But make yourself go back within a few days. It will hurt, but I promise it won't last forever and it's so worth it.

As for the elliptical, I actually do it because for me, it's a low impact alternative to running on the treadmill which can hurt my knees. I like the different workout options on it, too, because then I'm not always goingat the same pace. I can do a 30 minute workout and feellike I got a decent workoutor kick it into high gear and go up to 60 minutes but don't feel like passing out when I'm finished :-)

But I also need to start adding a little more variety to my cardio, and I also need to force myself to do more with weights.

OrangeSmoke20
02-20-2008, 10:05 PM
WATP 2 mile for abs with walkaway belt

Craftgrrl
02-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Lisa, thank you so much for the inspirational words!!! When I went on the elliptical machine, I was like "uh uh!!!! not again!" However, I was only on for like 10 min. but it was awful! I did like how it made me feel, though, haha. A friend of mine also told me about spinning and I REALLY appreciate your honesty about how I'd feel!! A friend of mine said the same thing but I think he has ulterior motives, haha. I will keep you posted on my courage level.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1