WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : turbo jam for beginners

sweetybear5
02-13-2008, 01:30 PM
i currently have just one excercise dvd of leslie sansone 1,2,3 mile walk. I want to try the turbo jam dvds but they look difficult. i was going to get the learn and burn so i could learn the moves but what other turbo jams dvds would be good to start out with?

angienewton
02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
The set that comes with Learn & Burn is the best. It has the 20 Minute Workout, Cardio Party, Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt. That is the one I started with after doing only Walk Away the Pounds for quite some time. Turbo Jam can be tough on the knees but I love it and you can always do a lower intensity if need be. I say go for it, it's a lot of fun. Do the Learn & Burn a few times and move on to the others. You'll get the hang of it after working on it a few times.

chrlstoncharmed
02-14-2008, 09:08 AM
I love everything Turbo Jam, so I'm a little biased. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gifBut you're right - it is a little difficult in the beginning. The great thing is: you can take as much time as you need to learn the moves and routines, and even if you don't get them all down perfectly ... who cares?! It's still a fun, calorie burning workout.

The L&B is good for beginners and also the 40 minute Cardio Party mix 1. When I first started, I made the mistake of thinking the 20 minute workout would be "easier" but it is actually faster paced than the 40 minute, so definitely consider the 40 minute workoutfor a starting point.

Another good thing about Turbo Jam is that all of the workouts are based around the same moves. Different music, different punch/kick combos, but same moves. So once you start expanding your workouts into Cardio Party mix 3, for example, or Fat Blaster or Punch/Kick/Jam ... you'll already know the drill, so it isn't like you have to start over and learn everything from the beginning.

Hope that makes sense! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifThe best advice I can give, though, is: Protect your knees when you Turbo Jam ... Don't twist at the knees or you won't be jamming for long!

jenninsd
02-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Once you have the learn & burn dvd down, you can do anything :) Sure it is a coordinated workout, but they are so much fun!

FV Mom
02-18-2008, 07:28 AM
3 Words: "Just Follow Mindy!"http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gifOr Anna Rita. They keep it low impact but still fun. You won't last long at the low impact level though. Chalene will have you pumped up and jumping to the ceilingsmileys/smiley36.gif Love Turbo Jam!

lolah
02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I agree...it's a bit difficult in the beginning. I ordered it, did it once and then got sick. So, I haven't been able to do it again yet!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1