WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Close to my Heart?

pastorswife
02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone!

It's been a really long time since I have been on the boards or even on the WAHM site. I was wondering if there was anyone here that could tell me more about Close To My Heart? I am really thinking about becoming a consultant, but would like to know more about the company. Any information would be helpful!!
Thanks in advance,
Irenehttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

AlisonMSmith
02-12-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't know much about them except that their headquarters is in my county. I've driven past it before.

We have lots of MLMs that start here AND I think Utah County is pretty much the hometown of scrapbooking. So you have a double whammy.

One of the scrapbooking companies here just laid off a huge chunk of their workforce to outsource. Can't recall if it was CTMY or another.

Alison

momstayshome
02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Irene, I will PM you info :)

momstayshome
02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't know much about them except that their headquarters is in my county. I've driven past it before.

We have lots of MLMs that start here AND I think Utah County is pretty much the hometown of scrapbooking. So you have a double whammy.

One of the scrapbooking companies here just laid off a huge chunk of their workforce to outsource. Can't recall if it was CTMY or another.

Alison

Its Stampin UP that is doing that.

Mary

pastorswife
02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
That's good to know!!! Whew.......http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

robbieandlauren
02-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Actually, thats not true. I just got off the phone to verify with Stampin Up. They have not laid off anyone to outsource the work.

:)

robbieandlauren
02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
This is probably what she was referring to:

QuicKutz, an Orem scrapbooking supplies
company, is planning to outsource its manufacturing overseas -- a move
that will result in layoffs and the closure of its 53-worker
die-cutting plant in Orem, company officials said Monday.

</span>

momstayshome
02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
ohhhhh wait..thats Quickutz....thats right..sorry Melissa. Too many companies......
Mary

robbieandlauren
02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Haha...no problem!

I just don't want people to think ill of Stampin Up. They are one of the most charitable companies.

I can't figure out why you can't keep all 5000 scrapbook companies straight! Hehe. :)

momstayshome
02-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Haha...no problem!

I just don't want people to think ill of Stampin Up. They are one of the most charitable companies.

I can't figure out why you can't keep all 5000 scrapbook companies straight! Hehe. :)

LOL
Mary :)

AnneMD
02-14-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm a CTMH consultant..and love it! I started as a customer and kept wanting to order more and more product every month...so I finally decided to become a consultant if only to help fund my "habit!" http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

I'm not sure exactly what kind of info you are looking for, but if you are looking to build a business with a scrapbook company, I think you would certainly be very happy with CTMH. They provide excellent training... actually they have an online "training academy" where you can take online classes (for free!) to help build your skills increative, business, and personal development areas. They provide many "recipes" for various projects and "Make &amp; Takes" for you to do with your customers at gatherings....and you are able to buyspecial consultant items in bulk foruse with your groups at great prices.You can be either a full active consultant ($300 minimum sales/quarter) or a Jr. Consultant ($100 minimum sales/quarter). And the products... well, they are just excellent!

Well... I could go on and on... but really, it's a great company and I'd be happy to share more info with you at any time. Feel free to check out my CTMH website for more info!

Anne
Close to My Heart (http://www.AnneDavis.myctmh.com)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1