WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I'm BACK!!

mommydays
11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone. I have been away from DT for about 3 years and soooo excited to get back. I have been trying to decide what home business I wanted to work and I am so excited...

I should be back on board in a couple of days. I'm so happy, but could use some refreshers. I am signing up with a new manager, because my old one took a leave and I have been gone for some time..

I have a full time job that is pretty demanding, but need to supplement my income. Here's why:

My husband and I recently seperated after 17 years. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif We still love eachother but the stress of finances took their toll and so here we are for now. So I have my daughter (7) M-F and have my weekends free. I thought what a great time to start DT back up and see if I can't really get someplace this time. I am very well organized and great with marketing plans and so on so hopefully with some encouragement I can do well. I could use some help in dealing with parties/workshops. I only ever did a FEW and don't think they went well.

I am happy to report that I have 6 solid customers ready for me to start, ready to host parties. One of them is a teacher (my cousin) who is on her first baby and has lots of friends in the teaching field.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif but I could use some advise on the parties. I am good with fundraisers and that type of thing but the small parties, I get stuck and feel like I don't know how to keep the party rolling..and the guests involved. ANY SUGGESTIONS..PLEASE.

karenmclark
11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Hello! I am not a Dtoys rep but I've been where you are and working a business as a single Mom. I didn't have weekends kid-free though so you are lucky there!

I don't really know how the Dtoys usually work, but I'd recommend getting the product in their hands immediately! Have them spread around the room on the chairs and then when you start you can have them go around and say who they are and what they would do with the toy in their lap, or tell what they like about it, or who in their lives they would buy that for. This way they are "selling" to each other, playing with the products, and introducing themselves all at the same time. If there are any toys you can play with in a group, let them bring out the child in themselves! Take that squishy ball and have them pass it around the room and whoever catches it has to shout out a holiday word, or something like that. The point is to have fun! Work in whatever important information you *have to* share like guarantees, booking talk, etc. but mostly let them experience the product! I am sure that will be fun and when it's fun, you get bookings!

Good luck with everything.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1