WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Charleston SC wives?

sweetiepy
10-20-2007, 04:22 PM
We are headed their in '08 and just wondering if their are any of ya ladies are there :) How do you like it?

MarcelinaWrites
11-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey, I am in the Charleston area. We just moved here in May. So far so good. The area is beautiful!

What branch of service are you guys in?

sweetiepy
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Were Air Force. Do you have children? If so are their lots to do for kids?. What branch are you guys in?

Trista_Laborn
11-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Well Im not too far from Charleston, I live in the Beaufort, area. My Husband is in the Marines!! :)

Melissats56
11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm not military, but I am in Charleston http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifIt's a beautiful place, I don't think I will ever leave. And there really is plenty to do around here, especially if you are new!

ShayinSC
12-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I am in Charleston. Hubby is a disabled vet.

I have lived here most of my life. I love it here!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

sweetiepy
12-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Good Im so glad it sounds great. For those who are on base is there any way You could send my some pics of base housing? Were 6 months out but we are trying to decide whether to live on or off base.

12-29-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm not military but I live in Charleston, just down the road from the base. How you feel about traffic that doesn't move, literally at rush hour? What size house/apartment are you looking for?

And for the record, do not under any circumstances move into St Charles Place Apartments or rent from anyone named Richard Guianneri or Mike Budge or MLB Properties. The areas immediately around the base are not the best places to move to, some of the cheapest but not necessarily the safest (you can PM for more on this if you want).

West Ashley and Summerville would probably be better choices if you want to be close to the base and can't get on base housing, which if you want you might want to start putting in for it now.

It isn't all bad and welcome to Charleston, a few months early.

sweetiepy
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey Kelly thanks for the helpful info!. We decided to live on base. Hubbys getting me a new vehicle when we get back to the states so getting a house off base is out of the question.

Plus I have heard some intersting stories lol

01-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Oh boy, what have you heard?

HisMrs
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I live on the Charleston AFB. It's OK at best. BUT I'm to chicken to live off base!!! North Charleston (where the base is located) is the 7th (yes SEVENTH) most dangerous city in the US. The school system here is the worst in the country. I can't wait to get out of here!!!

How old are your kids??

Bella_Rose
04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
We lived in Goose Creek (down the road from Charleston, at the Charleston NWS. The housing market there is so good. Granted the AF base just built new houses about 7 years ago, I wouldn't do it. Goose Creek (at Crowfield Plantations), Summerville, historic Charleston, and Mount Pleasant are wonderful areas to live. We loved Summerville, but never had the chance to live there. If you need pedi midwife/OB, recommendations, I can let you know who I went with when we were there.

And there's things to do, IF you choose to look for them. Downtown has a lot of festivals and activities for the kids. Summerville does too. A lot to do.
Good Luck with the move and new baby!

sweetiepy
04-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Thank you all sooo much for your info!! We decided to look off base for housing again lol.

How is oak Bluff?We found a great home there (is this a safe area?)

Thank you sooo much for your help!!

Edited: Saw that is in North Charleston. I will make sure just to stay in summerville lol.

Also Can we rent homes on base? How is the base housing??

Thank you again!Edited by: sweetiepy