WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Calling all Military!!

Simplicity4me
10-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I am sooooo happy I found this forum!! I am looking for input from all of you military families out there.

I live in a small town that is mostly military families. I KNOW there are problems, needs, wants that are unique to the military lifestyle and military members/spouses/families! I just can't figure out what it is! I would like to start a business in my town and I think that there is a unique market here - I just can't figure out what it is!

So, I would love to hear any and all that you can tell me! What do you need or want that you have trouble getting? What products or services are in common demand for military population that might not be as popular with an average run-of-the-mill town?

I look forward to anything you all have to say! smileys/smiley1.gif

Simplicity4me
10-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Nothing? smileys/smiley24.gif

qcmommy
10-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Are there many deploying? maybe you could put together care packages for certain occasions. Sorry I don't have too many ideas.

Simplicity4me
10-08-2007, 06:48 AM
Yes, there are groups deploying constantly. Care packages could work. I'll have to think that over.

I was also trying to think of what might be needed by the spouses that are left home for 6 months at a time.

And even what might be popular when the troops all return home. I toyed with the idea of a maternity clothing shop, but I'm not sure if that would be profitable or not.

cpcali
10-08-2007, 06:55 AM
I've never been stationed anywhere that didn't have the things I wanted or needed.

Maybe you should talk to some of the local military families to get ideas.

BrendaB
10-08-2007, 08:34 AM
what about compiling a list of various businesses. What I mean by that is....let's say I need my lawn mowed I could go to your website or booklet and look up who in the area I could hire to mow my lawn. Babysitters would be another good list to have.

Brenda