WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Any officer's wives?

MKJenn
09-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi my name is Jenn, I have been married to my military man for 3 years now. I have watched him move up the ranks and earn his degree and now he is getting ready to go of to Officer Candidate School for 3 months and then to Supply School. I am just wondering what to expect...I have heard it is really different in the Officer community.

ArmyChiefsWife
09-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Congratulations to your Hubby!!!!! Well we are Army... and i have to say that i do not feel any different... hubby crossed over 2 years ago... my mother is retired Army enlisted... he is the one in the military... nothing different here</font>

Edited by: ArmyChiefsWife

Mrs1stSgt
09-07-2007, 09:54 AM
The thought of the Army Officers Wife is very, very outdated.We all go throught the same things, I would say more then anything us Senior NCO's and Senior Officers wives should set the example for our Junior NCO's and Jr. Officers. If used to be in the military only the officers had the degrees but NCO's are completeing there degrees alot of times before 1st and 2nd LT's finish theres. My DH will be completeing his Masters within the next 2 years, We will be heading to the Sgt. Majors school next year. Good luck in your journey, if i can help feel free to Pm me. I have been doing this my whole life, military brat and DH has been in 16 years.

Lisa

cpcali
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi my name is Jenn, I have been married to my military man for 3 years now. I have watched him move up the ranks and earn his degree and now he is getting ready to go of to Officer Candidate School for 3 months and then to Supply School. I am just wondering what to expect...I have heard it is really different in the Officer community.

The O world isn't that much different if you are E7 and up in the ranking poll.

My hubby has been asked at every command we have been to, to be an O but he won't. He prefers taking care of his enlisted guys.

Congrats!!!