WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : PCS ?

moltobella4
07-30-2007, 12:59 PM
We just found out my husband got promoted. We have to move and we have5 choices and have to turn in our top three choices by
tomorrow afternoon http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif. We have to choose from; Seattle, Hawaii, Ft. Dix, Indianapolis and Ft. Jackson. We have only beenon one move and if you guys have been to any of these places andcould help me out, by telling me where you've been or where's a good place for us and our two kids, that would be soooo great.smileys/smiley4.gifI appreciate it so much.

Mrs1stSgt
07-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Good luck on your choices, a good place to ask is on a website called cinchouse.com it is a website for those of us in the military. I have not been to any of those. Our MOS is really small so we have very few places we can go.
Lisa

MelanieUCW
07-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Do you work from home? Do you do a party plan? When we PCS'd and had a choice, we looked at where I could maximize my business the best. Hawaii is beautiful, but it's very isolated. Seattle is surrounded by water. Indianapolis is populated, Ft. Dix and Ft. jackson are in populated areas as well.

Do some research in SITES and see what looks most appealing to you and your family situation! :)

moltobella4
08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Thank you guys for your input! We had a local realignment and we are going to Seattle in January. We will have to adjust to being in such an expensive area but other than that it's okay. Right?