WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Funding for military spouses?

DannieM
07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey ladies and gents,
I am an Wife and exploring hte idea of opening an ecommerce site that sells gift baskets. I was wondering if any of you knew of any creative funing sites? I do know about www.prosper.com (http://www.prosper.com) and the heros prgram that was posted here. But are there any other programs available? I am looking at just baout $5000-6000 in start up cost.

ArmyWife69
07-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Did you do a search on Military.com? I just did a quick look on their site and they have some info. I did a search for spouse business loan and it came up with a bunch of stuff.

There is also MilSpouse.org. I've never gone to that site before today. I did a search for business loan and came up with lots of stuff. One was the following:
<h3>Patriot Express Pilot Loan Initiative</h3>

"The U.S.
Small Business Administration has announced the SBA's Patriot Express
Pilot Loan Initiative for veterans and members of the military
community wanting to establish or expand small businesses."
HTH
Sam

ETA: spelling
Edited by: ArmyWife69