WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : mac flights?

Artist4Sale
07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Okay I am not sure if that is what it is called. But I may need a flight ASAP for a funeral this weekend, preparing for the worst (grandpa). I have heard of friends getting flights through the military (we are army) just didn't know where and how. We are in Fairbanks, AK so you can imagine how much a flight per person is to pIttsburgh, PA (2 adults one 23 mos old) Any help?

Stacey

BrendaB
07-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey Stacey....we were supposed to leave today(but hubby's leave was cancelled) and we were going to take a MAC flight from San Atonio to Elmendorf then from there we were going to California to visit my parents(my dad is going through Chemo because he has Colon Cancer).

I don't remember the website addy, but look up Space A and you should be able to find out what to do. I hope this helps and I hope your Grandpa gets well soon.
Brenda

flutterz
07-22-2007, 09:08 AM
We took a mac flight to house hunt and to check up on my DH's Dad who was in critical condition one year.

The flight is horrible, but hey it's free. It is alsoa lot of waiting for the plane. We took it from NY (had to drive 2 hours from where we lived to catch it) to CA (had to drive 2 hours to where his dad lived).

We went through the base. You have to provide some documentation (depends on your command and mac flight policies now). We did this back in 2002/03.

Artist4Sale
07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks Flutterz, we didn't have time to do it, he passed late Friday, took till about midday Saturday to plan the Memorial Service which is monday at 11 am, no airline could get me there in time, but it turned out that my husband who was due back yesterday from MO got stuck in Denver and won't be home tonight until midnight unless he can get on another flight as standby, so either way I would have missed the Memorial :0( thank you though.

Stacey

flutterz
07-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Sorry to hear that. But you were probably spared a big hassle with the Mac flight situation anyway.
Your family is in my prayers .

eamundsen
07-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandpa.
For future use the website for space A is http://www.military.com/Travel/Content1/0,,SAF_overview,00.html (http://www.military.com/Travel/Content1/0,,SAF_overview,00.html)
We've never done it but I have a friend that MAC's to hawaii every year for two weeks to stay at the army condos there. They do hawaii for about $500. Pretty crazy. We're going to do it when our newborn is around 2.

Artist4Sale
07-29-2007, 05:29 PM
OH that is AWESOME thank you so much!
Stacey

biangqui
09-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

Mrs1stSgt
09-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Stacey so sorry to here about your grandfather, thank you for posting about mac flights. I have never done one.
Lisa

KeishaWilliams
09-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Stacey!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather! You and your family are in my prayers.

How have you been???