WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hubby getting deployed again

jenja
06-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi all- I really need to vent!

My Dh is in the Army Reserves, and since 3/2003, has been deployed twice- a total of 27 months away from home. He has been gone for both of our pregnancies, and missed our 2nd DD's birth by 2 days. He came home last October, and in February we found out we were having another baby- due in September. We are having our fisrt boy together. I was over the moon, because I actually stupidly thought he would be here for the whole pregnancy and birth!

His unit has "reset" everyones time, which means it doesn't matter how many times you have been or how recent. He has only been back since October and could be leaving the end of July! We have his two kids(my bonus kids) here till mid August and he was supposed to take them home, becasue I won't certainly be able to fly!

I am besides my self, and have been crying all night. I had to let him get to sleep because he has to get up at 4am for his civilian job. I know I need to relax - for the sake of the baby- but it is so hard! The thought of being alone again is devastating. I had no one to talk to last time that understood- we are not near a base, and have no one that knows how it is, or how hard it is. I do have parents close by, and that is a blessing.

I am trying not to be mad at the military- but it is hard at the moment! There are many soldiers who have not been, or only been once- why does my DH have to go back so soon???

I should try to get some sleep- I thing I need to take some Tylenol PM becuase I think that will be the only way that sleep will happen for me tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent- at least I stopped crying for a few minutes so I could see to type! (Being Hormonal right now doesn't help too much!)

BrendaB
06-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Jennifer....I'm so sorry that your hubby is getting deployed again.

Brenda

jenja
06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks Brenda- I was getting a complex because no one had responded! lol Just kidding.

I am doing a little better..... I just wish we could get the actual info. Someone my DH talked to yesterday said those dates we were given were wrong.... and it could be next year. It is very frustrating to have misguided info passed along to us. I don't need the added stress! I don 't know if it is the Army or Army Reserves... but there needs to be a little more organization! DH has never been active duty- (although it feels like he is), so I wouldn't know.

So- we are just trying to find out exactly what is going on, and I am trying to be calm until I know! Edited by: jenja

BrendaB
06-29-2007, 09:54 AM
My hubby is active duty Marine and I've learned to never say anything is set in stone because orders can be changed at the last minute....and boy do I have experience in that(haha)

I hope all is going better for you :)

Brenda

armywifeval24
07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
My hubby is deployed right now also. It isn't fun knowing that a deployment is coming up and not knowing when it will happen for sure. We heard rumors for month before they got orders. Then even after the orders the date got pushed up anyway. Its very frustrating.

I know how you feel about the pregnancy and birth. With my son, Eric was gone for training for the last trimester. Made it back just in time for me to be admitted into the hospital. Then, he went home to get some sleep while I was still in early labor and needless to say, our son was here before he got back. Then with our daughter, he was here the whole time. But of course I went into the hospital and they told him he had to take our son to a babysitter. So he took him and was driving way over the limit to make it back. Well, that didn't happen either. I went from 5cm to having her in 20 min. By the time he got back from his 10-15 min trip she was here. I think we have decided that he's not meant to be there. Poor guy! I hope things go well for you. PM me anytime!

jenja
07-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks guys-

No new news, and that is hard! Ken keeps trying to find something out, but nothing yet. He could possibly get transferred to a different unit, or possibly take a deployment at a base here in GA... he is trying to find out his options. He is not trying to get out of serving- he has been over there for a total of 27 months....We just need him more at home right now if that makes sense. His last deployment was 15 months and he just got back in October. Our 3 yrd old went around for months after he got back saying "Daddy's home" 2-3X a day! I don't know how she would be if he had to go back so soon!

I hate feeling like I am complaining- I am proud of his service- I just want to be a little selfish for a while and have him here with us!