WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Dream Base??

zg04
06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
So do you all have a dream base?

Ours is Eielson AFB, Alaska!

We are "trying" to get orders there. I hope it happens one day!

FoundInNature
06-22-2007, 08:23 PM
We would like to get stationed in Norfolk, VA. We haven't actually been there yet. The reason it is our "dream" base is that we would have a pretty good chance of staying put for a while. We're on the downward slope of his career, and the idea of not moving is really appealing right now (especially since I'm packing as we speak).

What makes Eielson your "dream"?

Deanna

zg04
06-23-2007, 06:54 AM
I am an army brat, and for as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to live in Alaska. Eielson just seems more appealing to me than Elmendorf. Right now we are at Seymour Johnson, and while we love the area, and the people, and could stay here forever...this base or squadron or whatever is starting to take a toll on our family and lives.

redbud23
07-05-2007, 10:37 AM
zq04,

My husband is Army. We were just stationed at Ft. Wainwright, Ak..just about 10-15 miles from Eielson. It is such a beautiful area. I love the summers there, and of course the aurora lights are something that everyone should see during their lifetime.

We just left there & are now at APG, Md. It is surely an adjustment from Alaska!!!!

I hope that you get to see your dream base!
Jamie

AFfamof4
07-19-2007, 06:28 AM
McChord AFB! I would LOVE to be near Seattle. It was on our list when we were mandatory movers last year - but we didn't get it. Hubby's job field there is tiny, so there was only one slot. Oh well..