WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : my body feels like jello!

ewedeb
06-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I took a mat pilates class for the first time. I have to say I loved it! But I do feel like jello!! We used the ring and did a bunch of arm and leg stuff and then all the real core ab stuff which I had a hard time with!

but it felt great, liked her a lot so I'm going to stick with it! It's nice to add something new to the routine

deb

Swidmom
06-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Great job Deb! I can't get into pilates but Angie told me about TJ and now I am hooked!

ewedeb
06-20-2007, 12:18 PM
i've been debating getting tj for awhile but I'm not so great with doing tapes so i haven't gotten yet... let me know about it!

Swidmom
06-20-2007, 12:52 PM
its awesome, I have noticed a difference in my mid section already and its been just a few days.

TrustedOne
06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
This may seem like a dumb question but what is TJ?
Iuse one of Richard Simmons' old (VHS) videos "Sweatin' to the Oldies" and it has a good combination of stretching, warming up, aerobics, some weights for arms and floor work for legs and abs. He has newer CD's now but I haven't gotten them yet. Has anyone used them?

Swidmom
06-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Turbo Jam.

angienewton
06-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Glad you enjoyed your Pilates class! I have a Pilates dvdI won from the contest here and still haven't ventured there yet LOL

angienewton
06-21-2007, 04:36 AM
This may seem like a dumb question but what is TJ?
Iuse one of Richard Simmons' old (VHS) videos "Sweatin' to the Oldies" and it has a good combination of stretching, warming up, aerobics, some weights for arms and floor work for legs and abs. He has newer CD's now but I haven't gotten them yet. Has anyone used them?

Yep, it's Turbo Jam. You can read moreabout it at Beach Body (http://www.beachbody.com)

I remember using "Sweatin' to the Oldies" many years ago.Richard Simmons isso much fun, a bit quirky but funhttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

I don't have any of his new workouts. If you decide to purchase them, be sure to let us know what you think!

*edited to add...I see this is your first post so be sure to start a new thread and introduce yourselfto share your weight loss/fitness goals with us.Edited by: angienewton

VBCoach25
06-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Ellen - that is great that you are noticing a change with TJ already!! Woohoo! I have a couple of friends that swear by it! I haven't tried it yet. I've only done Slim in 6 and Slim Series Express. I actually just started Power 90 and am loving it! I can feel a difference in my legs already!

Debbie - I was skeptical of Video workouts too at first.I have several that I have purchased and given away as I didn't do them, and even more on myshelf that were used but once maybe. NOT THE CASE ANYMORE! I actually am liking these ones. I was suprised how I was motivated by the comments of Debbie Seibers's videos. Power 90, I'm just liking the moves... reminds me of when I used to train for volleyball sort of. :)

TrustedOne - I haven't used any of RS's new videos, sorry I'm not much help there...

As we say in the video workout world - keep pushing play! :)

ewedeb
06-21-2007, 05:59 AM
julie.. i like video workouts but I tend to not to do them and blow off working out.. for me getting out of the house is better. I think when I feel I'm working out consistently and constantly enough that a break in the routine is bothersome, then I can pull out a tape when I don't get to the gym.. i swear to get tj one day!

Mothermomtotwo
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Deb!

When are we Illinois girls going to get together? Maybe we should have a TJ workout session?! Naaa, let's do breakfast or lunch!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

ewedeb
06-21-2007, 10:23 AM
LOL or a walk in the botanic garden!

Mothermomtotwo
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
That sounds nice!

angienewton
06-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Deb/Mary,
Email Ellen or myself http://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Swidmom
06-21-2007, 06:17 PM
The gardens are great this time of year. We could have lunch!!! I am a member and have free parking!

homeb4
06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I love the Pilates Class. There is no age restriction and it makes you feeeel sooo good. I am a real convert.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1