WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My Turbo Jam Journal

IamBlessed
06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone! Well, I got TJ in yesterday. I was up til nearly 1:30 this morning looking at the TJ photo albums on the message boards at beach body. Kass I saw yours, of course I had already seen your pics from here, but it's still awesome how you've transformed your body!!

So, I have this dress that I need to lose probably 2 or 3 inches in my upper torso area to fit into by July 19. I'm going for 4 inches though. I'm starting out with Learn and Burn until Monday and then I'm going to get up at 7:30 or 8 each morning and start on the 10 day workout schedule to try and jumpstart myself. Then I will move on to the calendar of workouts that's in the books and follow it faithfully.

I'm still doing weight watchers as far as eating. I'm glad to be starting on this exercise routine though because if I mess up one or two days on weight watchers with no exercise I gain back 3 lbs. For example last weekend we were out at the lake with family on Friday evening and all day Saturday. I didn't really over eat per se but I didn't look up the nutritional info on anything I ate. Monday morning I weighed and had went back up from 190.5 to 193. Tuesday morning I was at 193.5. Today I was back down to 192.5. It will probably take me until this coming Monday to be back where I was. So, I set myself back a full week because of not eating responsibly for just 2 days. It's amazing. I think that exercising will help that a little. Not that I don't need to stay on program all the time, I do and I will work on being better about that. Especially now that I have a dress to get into!!

I'm ready to get healthy besides just losing weight. I have headaches every single day. So bad that my vision is a little unfocused. I'm having to take at least 2 prescription Cephadyn a day for the headaches. I feel exercising will help. I also supposedly have fibroids in my breasts and in the area of my stomach that my belly button is, across there and a little below and above. Of course, no one will run any tests to make sure that's what the knots, lumps-whatever you want to call them, are. But anyway, I have pain from them, especially the ones in my breasts. I think they go deeper than that too because I hurt really deep under each arm as well and the pain radiates down my arms. Getting my body moving has GOT to help with all that. Nothing else has. I'm also tired of not having any energy. In the morning when my son wakes me up I don't want to drag myself out of the bed. I don't care about cleaning my house, keeping up with my business the way I was or anything. I don't feel like doing anything other than sitting on the couch or sitting at the computer. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

So, my best friend bought TJ at the same time I did. She's coming over on Saturday or Sunday and we are going to do our measurements and take our starting photos. I'll post those as soon as I can.

Say a prayer for me everyone. I really need to do this for so much more than just looking pretty again. And I need the prayers for the Lord to lay it on my heart to get up and hit play each and every day!!

So, here we go......

deadra
06-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Gotcha in my prayers Girl !!! Good luck to you !!!

What all did you get when you ordered the TJ dvd's? Did you get any extra stuff like HR monitor or bands, etc?

OrangeSmoke20
06-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Good Luck to you Krystal and will say a prayer for you as well!

You can do it. Think about that BEAUTIFUL dress that you are going to look RED HOT IN after you accomplish your goal!!!!

: )
DAWN

hbkeil
06-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Good luck! You can do it! Keep us posted on your success.

chrlstoncharmed
06-07-2007, 04:52 PM
You're gonna have so much fun doing this workout that you'll look forward to doing it every day! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

angienewton
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
So glad you started a TJ journal. Looking forward to hearing about your progress and SUCCESS!

I also followed one of the calendars in the book when I first started TJ. It really helped me but now I just have so many workouts that I just pick and choose something different on a daily basis.

You CAN do this, Krystal!

IamBlessed
06-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks y'all! I'm stoked!! I did Learn & Burn today. Whew! I'm glad I'm doing this one for a few days before I start the 10 day thing. It's going to take several more workouts before I can even master the moves and feel like I'm doing the workout correctly. I checked my heartrate after the couple of stretches she does after learn and burn and after taking a minute to run to the restroom and it was 121. That's not too terribly low. Hopefully, I'll increase my intensity over the next 3 days as I learn the moves better.

How in the world did y'all get in the habit of staying in the tuck position. It was so hard to do the moves that you are standing up in rather than squatting in the tuck. Or am I not supposed to try and tuck when doing those?LOL

Deadra, I got the regular TJ with the 2 DVD's enclosed, then I got a pack of DVD's-TJ Fat Blaster, Cardio Party Mix 3, TJ Punch, Kick & Jam and TJ 3T. I also got one resistance band, the weighted gloves and the guidebook and 10 day program book. After I get the hang of this more I'll be asking what DVD's I'm missing from the entire TJ series.

Ok, so eating for the day:
B-Quaker Oats 90 Calorie Snack
L-WW meal
S-2 oreo cookies (bad bad bad)
D-2 cups of Hamburger Helper Stroganoff made with 97/3 ground beef and 2% milk and a large serving of steamed brocolli and cauliflower.

A grand total of 27 WW points. That's my daily allowance now so I've got to make sure to not snack tonight, even on my healthy WW snacks.

IamBlessed
06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Okey Dokey! TJ update:

I did Learn & Burn again today. I upped my intensity and tried really hard to stay in the tuck position as much as possible! My heart rate was 148 this time when I got done so I definitely did better today. The cool thing is I was sore when I got up this morning and all day and I'm still sore after working out this afternoon. It's a good kind of sore, like a "yeah, I can tell I'm doing some good" sore. I know it's nothing compared to what I'm going to feel on Monday after I officially start the 10 day program.

Eating:
B-Quaker Oats 90 calorie snack
L-WW meal
D-8 oz baked chicken breast, 1 cup whole kernel corn-no butter, 1 1/3 cup potatoes au gratin made with 2% milk.
Also had a couple gummy worms of my sons today so I'm figuring a point on those. So, that's a grand total of 21 WW points. Which means that I can have a snack tonight!! IF I want one. I'm pretty stuffed from supper so I doubt I will unless I stay up pretty late.

Oh, and I'm back down to 191.5. Only 1.5 lbs more to lose to get back to my "pre lake weekend" weight and then 45 lbs to goal!!

LOL, the more I work out with the video the more I like Chalene, she's a fun loving dork (meant in a very good way!) and I love it!!!

angienewton
06-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Way to go, Krystal! You get better with the TJmoves as you go along but there are some moves I still haven't caught onto yet and I have been doing TJ for a whilehttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

So it looks like you have the original Turbo Jam (Learn & Burn, 20 Minute Workout, Turbo Sculpt, Ab Jam and Cardio Party). Then it looks likeyou have the newest Maximum Results package (Fat Blaster, 3T, Punch, Kick & Jam and Cardio Party Mix 3).

So it lookslikethe only TJ packages you don't have are the Get on the Ball (Total Body Blast & Kickin' Core), Turbo Jam Deluxe (Lower Body Jam & Cardio Party Mix 2)and Turbo Jam Live (Booty Sculpt & Abs plus Cardio Party Remix).

I http://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley27.gifthe TJ Get on the Ball workouts! I would have to say they are quickly becoming #1 on my list of TJ favorites.

Looking forward to more of your updates!

FV Mom
06-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Way to go Krystalhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gifYou're doing awesome! Angie, if you don't stop talking about those ball workouts, I'll be forced to buy themsmileys/smiley36.gif

caitalexmommy
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Just a note Krystal... from your OP, it sounds like you didn't work out much before TJ. If you notice your weight isn't dropping as quickly, or even goes up a little, that's normal. Muscle outweighs fat... you may weigh more, but still be smaller inch wise. After about a week of losing, I stayed at the same weight for a few days before going back down again, but my jeans are much more comfy now lol. Actually, the other day, my pants felt a little lose and I thought that my zipper was down... but it wasn't. WOOHOO http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

IamBlessed
06-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Alrighty, Saturday update.
Day 3 of TJ.

Did Learn & Burn again, heart rate was around 145-150 afterwards. Did better with the moves, concentrated on what it felt like in my abs to be in tuck position. 1 more day and then it's time to put on my big girl panties, suck it up and get to the real deal 10 day workout plan TJ provides!!!

Weighed in at 190.0 this morning so it took me a week and a day to lose what I gained last weekend when I messed up on my eating for 3 days out at the lake. Hopefully by Monday I'll have the 190's broke and get to drop another Weight Watcher point!! Ready for the challenge!!!

Eating:
B-nothing, got up late
L-leftover whole kernel corn and potatoes au gratin
D-ramen noodles
Sn-pack of 4 cheese/peanut butter crackers throughout the day

Stayed right at or a little under WW points for the day.

Was killer sore today when I got up but I stretched some and by the time I did TJ it was better. Still a little sore but it's easing up and more manageable.

VBCoach25
06-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Great work with TJ! I can't wait to try it, but it will probably be awhile yet. I have several friends who have it and LOVE it!!! I look forward to seeing your results!

IamBlessed
06-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey everybody!! Ok, I didn't update last night because I was just too lazy, LOL.

Yesterday I did TJ Learn & Burn one last time and had a really good workout. Feeling better about the moves. My best friend came over and we took our measurements and before pictures. 2 of which I printed out and stuck on my refrigerator door so I'd have to look at that mess every time I open it!

Eating yesterday:
100 calorie pack for breakfast
1 1/2 tuna sandwich made with light Miracle Whip and mustard for lunch
2 50% less fat corned beef has sandwiches and 1 100 calorie pack of doritos

Ok, here are my official day 1 stats since I'm starting the real workouts today:

Weight-189.5
Chest-43.25
R Arm-13
L Arm-12.75
Under the girls-39.25
Fat roll above belly button-44
Waist at belly button-44.75
Hips-48.25
R Thigh-24.75
L Thigh-24.75
R Calf-14.5
L Calf-14.25

Will post again later about my workout and eating. Here we go! It's official!!!

IamBlessed
06-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Ok, did my first 45 minute workout with TJ Cardio Party 1 yesterday morning. It kicked my REAR!!! I had the worst headache of my life from the time I finished up at 11:30 yesterday morning til 5 yesterday evening! I took my prescription headache medicine, 2 hours later took 2 Aleve and an hour later took 2 Tylenol and that FINALLY got rid of it!!

Eating was good yesterday. Didn't go off program there.

Ok, I've already worked out again this morning but I'll post about it tonight after I get through with my eating for the day. Have a blessed day everyone!!!

deadra
06-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Krystal,

How long are the work outs?

FV Mom
06-12-2007, 09:21 AM
MAKE SURE YOU"RE DRINKING LOTS OF WATER!!!!! Seriously, you may need to up your water. I had to when I started TJ because you swaet a whole LOT!

IamBlessed
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey y'all. Deadra, all together I think the workout is 45 minutes. I LOVE the Finesse at the end. For some reason it makes me feel so sexy!

FVMom, I did drink lots of water. I drank plenty before the workout, during the workout right after the turbo part and then plenty afterwards and all day. Nothing was getting rid of it. I think I may have just pushed myself way too hard yesterday. Today when I did it, I lowered the intensity level and got all the way through the workout. I was still sweating, hurting, burning-all that good stuff, LOL, but I didn't push quite as hard. Yesterday I was all out as much as I could be and ended up crapping out on the last 3 minutes of the workout before Finesse. I just had to kind of stand there and move around a little, couldn't do the moves for a bit cuz I felt like I was going to puke, lol.

Anyway, with taking it down a notch today I felt better. I had a headache coming on when I was done but went ahead and took my presription headache stuff and it never got bad.

Now, my diearrhea's back. GREAT! Had it for a month and a half, went to the ER cuz of it 2 weeks ago. GI doc switched my acid reflux meds and it went away and now it's back. I'm PRAYING it's from the chicken nuggets I had last night. They were unusually greasy and kind of mushy. Thinking either all that grease got me messed up or maybe they weren't all the way done. NOT that y'all wanted to know that, but it just aggravates me always having something going on with my body. I'm so sick of this.

IamBlessed
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
OK, Tuesday update:

Workout-TJ Cardio Mix 1 Tomorrow is Turbo Sculpt-Hope it rocks!!

Eating-
B-nothing, got up late
L-WW brocolli and fettucine alfredo meal
S-Medium French Fry and Sonic Cheesburger with Mustard
Snack-WW ice cream cup

Ok, worn out from my party tonight. It was an hour and a half away from the house. Tummy still not feeling right and had a bad headache again this evening.

Will update tomorrow night on how Turbo Sculpt went. Hope I like it as much as Cardio Party.

IamBlessed
06-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Today was decent. Got to do Turbo Sculpt and LOVE IT! Back to Cardio Party tomorrow though.

Exercise: TJ Turbo Sculpt this morning, 30 minutes on Dance Dance Revolution PS2 tonight.

Eating: Kashi Honey & Flax bar for breakfast, grilled chicken ceasar salad with half the dressing for lunch, cheesburger and fries from Dairy Queen for supper. Was on the road all day so eating for supper was awful. Which is the major reason I did the dance pad game tonight.

Tomorrow's a new day. Gotta go grocery shopping tomorrow and figure out how in the world to get cheap healthy things for me, things for my 3 year old and hubby and good things for supper for 2 weeks off about $100 bucks. No major grocery chains where I live so there's no alternative to locally owned groceries to save money. yay.

Havea blessed night everyone!! I'm so glad I've made the decision to TJ, it's been great so far and I've only been doing it for a week! I can't wait to see what happens in a month!!!

FV Mom
06-14-2007, 04:54 AM
You're doing great Krystal! The only reason I said water is because initially when I started TJ I was olnly drinking 8 glasses a day and would get headaches. Then went away when I started drinking half my body weight in water. Also if I have to poop I get a headache too and it's gone within a few minutes of going....TMI but I figure we're all close here anywaysmileys/smiley36.gif Also, it looks like you may not be eating enough food. I koe WW gives you activity points but I don't know the program 100%. Maybe you need a few more points because I believe their's is based on more light to moderate activity than something like TJ which is more along the lines of a contact sport.

I'd go to your doctor to find out if something serious s going on with your tummy. (You know they say consult your physician before starting an exercise program....I never do that though!smileys/smiley36.gif)

As far as grocery shopping, I appologize if this is over stepping my bounds, but I believe that $50 a week for groceries for 3 people is severely unhealthy. I know because there was a point financially where the 4 of us were eating on $30 a week and it was nothing but crap food. I decided that we would find other ways to save money because we only have one body and it's the Temple of the Holy Spirit ao eating good healthy food needed to be a priority.

We now do about $100 a week and eat very well now. We got rid of cable, got prepaid cell phones, dropped our car note and bought a used car and freed up a lot more money than we were saving by eating poorly. I also made a decision to get serious about my business and start making more mney so we could eat organic as well. I think if you could add more raw fruits and veggies to your diet, it would help your stomach. I had the WORST gas problem. It was so embarrassing and nothing got rid of it. When I changed my diet it went away virtually over night along with my acne and dry skin. My skin tone has evened out and everything.

I know eating healthy can be expensive, but it's gotta be a priority. I'm not assuming you're not already sacrificing and doing the best with what you have. I'm only saying, take a closer look one more time at where the money is going and see what you could redirect to eat better.

This is one reason why I am so passionate about helping people get healthy and make more money. Because we live in a system that exploits people. A system where wicked people mass produce garbage food full of poison and trans fats, HFCS etc and market it to the masses cheap, killing more and more people year after year in the name of profit while at the same time driving up the cost of God made fruits, veggies, and lean meats, oppressing American Farmershttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley7.gifThe food industry has become such an exploitive thing and people are victimized by it. It really breaks my heart.Edited by: FV Mom

IamBlessed
06-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey FMMom! Thanks so much for your honesty and caring enough to share! You are right, $50 for a week of food for 3 people is HARD to do and not the greatest. Things aren't always this tight. Hubby had a short check due to taking off a few days on his last paycheck to take me to the doctor for the stupid stomach problem.

Anyway, so what's a girl that doesn't like any fruits other than bananas and I don't really like any veggies raw other than lettuce and even then about the only veggies I'll eat are brocolli, corn, purple hull peas? I guess I need to start making myself eat more of that and maybe I'll start liking it. I just don't eat it fast enough. It ruins on me before it all gets eaten and then there's a bunch of money wasted. But, I guess it's time to suck it up and just do it. If that's what's going to help my stomach problems then I should take care of my body.

I don't know. I need to grow up and stop eating all the bad stuff and eating very little to stay within my points just so I can have the bad things I love and start eating the good things and making my points go even farther. If I ate healthier I'd get to eat more and still stay on plan. And, like you said, at the same time probably take care of alot of my stomach issues and maybe even headache issues as well.

mchoat
06-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Krystal, you'd be amazed how much money you save when you sacrifice the twinkies at the grocery store http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif. For me,I'd always just snatch up a box of krispy kremes but I don't do that anymore. Sacrificing some of the "yummy" stuff for the "you know it's good for you" stuff will make a difference. We still indulge, make no doubt about that http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifbut I just make a few different choices when I'm at the store.......and I eat before going! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifFor a family of 3, we usually get by on $70-$120 a week and depending on what I buy, that can carry over into 2 weeks. Hope it helps Edited by: mchoat

deadra
06-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey Krystal,

I love reading your journal !!! Sorry about your stomach problems.

As far as the groceries....I live in Rural NE Texas. All we have here is Affiliated Food store and Piggly Wiggly. Neither one sells Organic produce or meat. They don't have much of a selection either.

I do try to buy from some of the road side farmers. It's a small area so I usually know who they are.

I hear ya about trying to stay in those WW points http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif- been there done that. FVmom has a good point about all the calories you're burning on TJ. Remember that's what the Exercise points are there for - so use them.

1 WW point will equal about 60-75 calories (or they use to anyway). So you can get an estimate of what your calorie intake is compared to the calories you are burning on TJ.

IamBlessed
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey everybody! Ok, I didn't do an official update yesterday so I'll do todays and yesterday's together.

Workout on Thursday-TJ CP1
Eating-100 calorie chips ahoy (I'm NOTa big breakfast eater as you can tell) for breakfast
Lunch-1 1/2 Tuna Sandwhiches made with light mayo and mustard
Supper-AWFUL! 3beef enchiladas and rice all with cheese sauce and chips and salsa. I was starving, we had went grocery shopping and that's what I wanted. It was 8 PM and I didn't want to cook when I got home!

So, obviously I went over my WW points on Thursday.

Today-
Workout-CP1
Eating-Breakfast was a banana
Lunch was a Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatball meal
Snack was 1 cup of grapes
Supper-1/2 cup of black eye peas and 2 cups dirty rice made with no oil!

No after supper snack yet but I'll have 3 points left after supper so we'll see about some 100 cal popcorn or something if I get hungry again. Or I may have a 1 point slice of bread with supper.

Still fighting headaches all day every day but no diarrhea today!! WOOHOO!! Maybe the banana and grapes helped FVMom!!! Sorry about talking about my BM's y'all but DANG, 2 months of it? C'mon now, something's gotta give! LOL

IamBlessed
06-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Weekend Update-

Saturday-Workout was TJ turbo sculpt. I LOVE these days because I don't feel like I'm dying for 45 minutes, LOL. I get all my muscles worked out well from it, it's just likea mini break from Cardio party

Sunday-Workout was TJ cardio party. Did great! Wore the weighted gloves to start with and made it through about 15 minutes with them before I had to chunk 'em off. Felt great though!!

Eating this weekend:
Saturday-
B-Banana
L-Small Hamburger from DQ
Supper-Tiny side salad, tiny pasta salad w/italian dressing, cup of crawfish etouffe, baked potato with butter,chives and cheese, fried crawfish tails. I know-TERRIBLE!!
Midnight Snack-Dirty Rice and 2 slices of bread

Blew my points for Saturday on supper and my idiotic midnight snack. That's what I get for eating at 5:30 and staying up so late that I got hungry again.

Sunday's eating-
B-100 calorie granola bar
L-WW meal
Snack-100 calorie popcorn
Supper-2 cups rice, 2 cups fresh purple hull peas

ROCKED on my eating today as far as my points go!!

Three more days on the 10 day TJ workout plan. Can't wait to measure on Wednesday!!!

maya
06-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I have Turbo Jam too! :)

I screwed up though because I got carried away and worked out EVERYDAY for two weeks straight and then ended up hurting my knee a bit :( It's finally starting to feel a lot better so I'll start up again, but i'll make sure to take breaks! 4 days work out, 3 days off or something.

IamBlessed
06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Monday's TJ Update:

Did Cardio Party Mix 1 again with weighted gloves. Made it about 10 or 12 minutes with them. Late last night I did the TJ 20 minute workout. Felt great!! Pounds on the scale aren't moving though. I'm praying I'm losing fat and building muscle at the same time, although I don't know if you can build muscle in 11 days or not.So, I don't know there. I just pray the measuring tape shows SOME progress tomorrow after we finish our 10th workout.

Eating on Monday:
B-Banana
L-2 tuna sandwiches made with light mayo on wheat bread (found some great wheat bread that's only 1 point for 2 slices!)
S-2 cups of gumbo and rice
Snack-100 calorie reeses snackers

Ok, so that's Monday. I'm kinda down now because my scale is stuck at 189.5. Maybe it's also from the overindulgence at supper time this past Thursday and Saturday. If so, at least it's not a gain as it would have been if I weren't working out every day. Ok, I'll quit rambling about what might be causing me to not lose weight. I'll update tonight IF I can remember on today's stuff. Have a great day everyone!

IamBlessed
06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Tuesday/Wednesday Update and 10 day stats!!

Tuesday-TJ Turbo Sculpt with weighted gloves.
Eating: B-100 calorie granola bar, L-2 turkey breast sandwiches, S-bowl of gumbo, Snack-WW Cookies & Ice Cream bar

Wednesday-TJ Cardio Party Mix 1 and doing the TJ 20 min. workout later tonight
Eating: B-100 Calorie granola bar, L-1 turkey breast sandwich, S-2 cheeseburgers and medium fry (I KNOW, I KNOW, DON'T HIT ME, LOL)

Ok, so that stats are in! 10 days on the TJ turbo slim workout regimen, here are the gory details:

DAY 1

Weight-189.5
Chest-43.25
R Arm-13
L Arm-12.75
Under the girls-39.25
Waist at belly button-44.75
Hips-48.25
R Thigh-24.75
L Thigh-24.75
R Calf-14.5
L Calf-14.25

DAY 10
Weight-191 (HOLY COW, musta been all that gumbo!)
Chest-43.25
R Arm-12.75
L Arm-12.5
Under the girls-38.75
Waist-44.5
Hips-47
R Thigh-23.25
L Thigh-23.25
R Calf-14.75
L Calf-14.75

SO, I lost 5.75 inches total throughout EXCEPT, I GAINED .25" and .5" on my calfs so I guess I really only lost 5 total inches. Not great but not that bad either. Good enough to keep me going!! Next measuring day and pic day is July 10th. Hope there's a slight visible difference by then because that's 9 days before I leave for conference!!

OrangeSmoke20
06-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Wanted to say you are doing awesome! Keep it up!
BTW....French Fries are sooo addicting! If it weren't from the pain I get when I eat them, I probably have a hard time keeping away!
DAWN

deadra
06-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Good Job Krystal !!! The weight gain could be muscle. The inch loss is good!!! Keep it up !!!

angienewton
06-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Krystal,
WAY TO GO! You are just getting started my dear and it just gets betterhttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif Congrats on the inchloss! I see you are making better food choices and watching your portions too. Keep up the positive changes and over time you are going to be amazed.

French fries were so addicting for me too but now I really can't stand the smell of them (sooo greasy). Replace those with baked sweet potato 'chips' or those carrot fries and that will help.

I know you are going to knock the socks off everyone at your conference with your new look and energy!

IamBlessed
06-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, I'm really on day 14 of TJ but day 11 since I started doing more than the Learn & Burn video. I'm loving this and as I stated in the accountability thread for today I WAS going to rest and not workout since I've not missed a day in 2 weeks. BUT, I just felt like I was missing out on something great by not working out so I made it til 10:45 tonight, LOL. I didn't want to do anything intense because I do feel like me knees need some rest and maybe even my neck muscles for some reason (been hurting there alot the last several days). SO, I just popped in the 20 minute workout and ROCKED IT! I love this workout. The moves are great and I love that it's going to be awhile before I'm tired of it because I have so far to go before I can move my hips the way those gals do!! I'm determined this is going to make me an awesome dancer before conference next month!LOL

Anyway, so there's my workout for today.

Eating:
B-None, got up too late
L-Pack of Lipton Pasta & Sauce, Chicken Flavor
S-Chicken Sandwich with mustard only and small fry from BK
Snack-100 calorie Hershey's Kisses Snackster

OK, of to WOWY to schedule my workouts for the next 4 1/2 weeks :-)

IamBlessed
06-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Okey Dokey, here's day 15:

Exercise: TJ Turbo Sculpt with 3 lb weights. Kicked my booty!!!! I've been having chest pains all evening since right after I finished up. I wonder if it's my chest muscles from using the weights the entire 40 minutes instead of just doing it with the weighted gloves. I pray that's all it is!!!

Eating:
B-100 calorie chips ahoy granola bar
L-WW meal
S-2 cups of hamburger helper w/ground round and 1 cup of yellow hominy
Snack-none yet but have 2 WW points left so I may eat some popcorn or a WW cookies & ice cream bar.

I tried on my Friday night dress today. There is definitely a difference! I have one spot in the middle of the zipper that is still not going together and that's right at the lower part of my ribcage on the side. Hopefully, another 2 inches lost there and that will be it! BUT, I just pray I can lose 2 inches there by the 3rd week of July. I've been wearing a waist trimmer belt thing so I'm hoping that might help "melt" an inch or so off a little faster than just dieting and working out. We'll see. Doesn't hurt to try :-) Have a great night everyone!!!

rhondap
06-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Wow you are doing awesome. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

Inch loss is very good don't beat yourself up over the weight.

OrangeSmoke20
06-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Your doing great Krystal! Keep up the GREAT work!

IamBlessed
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey ladies!! Thanks for the support!!!

Today's update:

Eating:
B-100 calorie granola bar
L-1 lean turkey sandwich, mustard only
S-4 slices of that pizza you get from the convenience stores, BAD BAD ME!

Only went 2 points over on WW today though and worked out afterwards so really only 1 point over.

Exercise:
AM-TJ 20 minute workout
PM-TJ Ab Jam 20 mins

Tomorrow is Turbo Sculpt again and I'll probably do the 20 min workout tomorrow night. We'll see though. My knees are starting to hurt so I may really need to take a day or two of completely not exercising but I hate to miss out on burning the calories!!!

OrangeSmoke20
06-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh the dreaded pizza....I cannot be around pizza or it will end up in my tummy http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif!

IamBlessed
07-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok, it's been over a week since I last posted here. Things have happened and my fitness and diet have went by the wayside. But, I am back on the exercise wagon as of this past Monday and my eating will be better as of tomorrow!! I had my neices and nephew here from Monday til today and well, eating was horrible.

My right shoulder is killing me in the joint so I didn't exercise today but will pick back up tomorrow. Even if it's still hurting I will workout and just do less with my arms. I WILL eat right tomorrow! I've only got 2 weeks til conference and still have to get into that dress!

30 day pics for TJ are supposed to be taken on Wednesday. I'll take 'em but if there isn't a difference I'm not sharing, LOL. Sunday I'm starting an 11 day program for Pure Romance's body wrap system they have. My director with Latasia went from a 12 to a 6 by eating right and doing 2 rounds of the wraps over a couple month period. I'm hoping with eating right again and exercising that the wrap will help me get the inches off that I absolutely have to have gone for the dress for conference and that I'll be able to maintain them and lose even more. I'll share how that goes too.

Ok, not much of an update on progress but at least I'm back, LOL. Have a great night everyone!

OrangeSmoke20
07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Ok, so you had your fall off the wagon and now you are back on...GOOD GIRL!!!! Definitely share some pics with us. I am sure you look great!!! And definitely share the 11 day program you will be on...it sounds interesting : )

angienewton
07-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Glad to see you check in, Krystal! You should take pics no matter whathttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif I'm sure you'll look fab in that dress!

Please doshare more about that 11 day program you'll be following too.

IamBlessed
07-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey everybody! Well, it's been cruddy here. I think I'm trying to have my TOTM and my appetite is going crazy!!! I can't seem to stay within my points at all! I worked out yesterday but took today off. Will pick back up again tomorrow til I leave for Ft. Worth to go pick up my kitten and take our baby boy to the zoo there.

I started the body wrap program today. I have to take the Inside Out pills 30 minutes before 3 meals per day. Then on day 5 I'll do the first body wrap, again on day 8 and again on day 11. I looked at pure romance's site to get a link to give to y'all but it's not listed under their spa products online. I don't know if they discontinued it or what. My Director sent it to me for a Christmas gift and I've just been hanging on to it for conference so it very well could have been discontinued. I'll talk to her tomorrow and ask her. She was my Director with Petra too and went ahead and signed on with PR when Petra closed so that she could keep a discount on the lingerie and spa products.

Anyway, I'm determined to get back on track with my eating tomorrow. I have decided to cut cokes completely out, even diet ones, while I'm doing this wrap program. I did break down and have one 20 oz diet coke today when I went to my mom's. I had a horrible headache and know part of it was because of not having any caffeine. I felt a little better after drinking it. I know I'm going to have to go a day or two without a coke period to break the caffeine headache thing. But, on the bright side, I drank about 7 humongous glasses of water today, I know they had to be about 30 oz each. I'm gonna measure it tomorrow just to make sure that is enough water though.

Back to exercising tomorrow too :-) Ok, so here's a pic of the newest addition to our family, our Maine Coon kitten that we will bring home this weekend. Still gotta find a name for him though. He's 10 weeks old here.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/I_Am_Blessed/Picture219.jpg

angienewton
07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Cute kittyhttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Thanks for sharing more about the wrap. Sounds interesting!

You are not alone in getting off track. I have as well but today is a new day and we CAN do it. Wishing you the best with cutting Coke out. You will be so glad you didhttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

IamBlessed
07-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey Angie, thanks for the support. I've done good today. I figured out that my cup is 24 oz and I've already drank 3 of them today. Eating has been good and I worked out as soon as I got up this morning. I would kill for a coke though, LOL. I miss them most when I'm eating. Something about having something carbonated when I'm eating. I'll get over it though in a few days. I quit them when I did Atkins in Feb. of '03, I can do it again!!

Update on the wrap thing. PR did discontinue them! BUMMER!! But, my director has 3 of the sets at her home so if this does great for me and y'all are interested just let me know and I'll put you in contact with her.

OrangeSmoke20
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Cute Kitty Krystal! He definitely looks like a Penske or aRocketto me...LOL!
Keep up the good work...you are doing it! You are doing a great job at the water. I can't seem to get myself past the 2 16oz glasses, but I am gonna keep trying!

IamBlessed
07-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, here are my 30 day stats. No pics yet because no one is here to take a pic of me :-) I don't think you'd be able to tell a difference in the pics anyway though. So, here it is:

DAY 1/10/30

Weight-189.5/191/186
Chest-43.25/43.25/42.5
R Arm-13/12.75/12.5
L Arm-12.75/12.5/12
Under the girls-39.25/38.75/38.75
Fat roll above belly button-44/44/43.5
Waist at belly button-44.75/44.5/44
Hips-48.25/47/47
R Thigh-24.75/23.25/22.75
L Thigh-24.75/23.25/22.75
R Calf-14.5/14.75/14.5
L Calf-14.25/14.75/14 & 1/8

Total inches lost 9 & 1/8 and 3.5 lbs since starting TJ 30 days ago. Not as good as I would have liked but it's progress.

IamBlessed
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, I've been working out each day. Today was my first day to work out for a full hour and I am HURTING! I did Turbo Sculpt and Ab Jam!

Eating has been within my points all week and I've been drinking TONS of water!!! I weighed 185.5 this morning. I'm sure it's because of all the water I've been drinking and the toxin cleansing pills I've been taking that are associated with the body wrap program I mentioned earlier. I do the first official "wrap" tomorrow right after I work out! I'll let y'all know if there is any difference after I get back from Ft. Worth Saturday night. Tomorrow will be busy with us leaving so I doubt I'll get a chance after I finish the wrap to get in here and tell about it. Plus, you can't shower for 2 hours afterwards because the cream keeps working on your inches so I wouldn't really know the true results til later anyway.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!! I'll be back Saturday night!!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1