WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Who is doing P90X??

Mothermomtotwo
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I seen the info-mercialthis morning and now I REALLY want to try it!

Who is doing it/done it? How are/were your results?

Is it worth the money?

I do not have a pull up bar..will it matter OR where can I purchase one?

How many weights and what # numbers?

Thanks!!!!!

cgraham30
06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Check out the Journal FV mom started on P90x

veperez
06-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Yup... FV Mom is gonna be strong and sexy after she finishes!!!

Here is the direct link to that:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=378960

FV Mom
06-03-2007, 12:20 PM
ME ME ME! I have a journal a couple of threads down...I'm only on Day 6 so far and I LOVE IT! Definately challenging for sure! I'm already seeing LOTS of definition in my legs, chest (can you say surgery free boob lift?smileys/smiley36.gif) and abs. My butt is getting ROUND! I'm so happy about that because I've never had a good butt in the past. It's definately worth it IMO however, you shouldn't do it unless you've already done Slim in 6 or Power 90 as it is waaaay too intense if you haven't. I thought I was tough before I started this program...now I'm humbledsmileys/smiley36.gif

You can use a pull up bar or bands as they have alternate moves for the pull ups. Right now I'm using bands.. I plan to buy their pull up bar though because although I've found one at walmart for $15, it looks cheap.

I'm buying my weights as I go along. It depends on your strength. I started out right away with 10lbs, but that might be too heavy for some. I need to iincrease I think. But I'd say at least 2 weights to begin with because no way will you be able to use the same weight for triceps and biceps lol.

Also, this is more of a muscle building plan than a weight loss plan, however I believe a person who only has a small amount left to lose, would definately lose it wth this!

HTH!

FV Mom
06-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Vilma, Cheryl, ya'll were typing at the same time as me!smileys/smiley36.gif

veperez
06-03-2007, 12:34 PM
smileys/smiley36.gif GREAT minds think alike!!!smileys/smiley2.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1