WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Julianna37
06-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi All...

I have always had a big problem with my legs and ankles swelling if I spend any length of time standing or walking,even a few minutes or going food shopping for a half hour.

Any ideas to eleviate it???

Thanks!

Juli~http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifEdited by: Julianna37

happymommy
06-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Drinking LOTS of water and taking alfalfa helps me with fluid retention. Also, watch your sodium intake (canned & frozen foods are usually pretty high in sodium). If it continues to be a big problem, I'd mention it to your dr to be safe. Putting your feet up (elevated above your heart) for a few mintues may help, too.

Hope that helps. Take care!

angienewton
06-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Juli,
I would also recommend water. My legs, ankles and feet would always swell up and hurt soooo bad but as I keep losing weight the swelling has almost stopped and the pain is gone. So keep on exercising and little by little you'll most likely see a difference.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1