WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : The Total Gym

hmbangel25
05-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Anybody use the Total Gym? Have you had success with it? I'm thinking about getting one.

Another Viewpnt
05-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Anybody use the Total Gym? Have you had success with it? I'm thinking about getting one.

I've never used it, so I can't comment about it directly. However, my opinion is that the best workout you can get is with free weights. For the price of the Total Gym, you can easily get a weight bench with a lat tower and leg extension attachment, and a couple hundred pounds of free weights.

The reason why free weights (barbells or dumb bells) rule is because they fully work your body, and force your body to bring in the stabilizer muscles. For example, your body needs to recruit a lot more muscle to do a squat or a lunge,as opposed todoing some sort of leg exercise on a machine. You'll build your core muscles and improve your balance, too.

~ Becky

rhondap
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I have a Total Gym and love it although I do not use it with enough consistency. It is a very tough workout IMO.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1