WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Nutrisystem Anyone>?

SalesCoach
05-25-2007, 02:50 AM
I am thinking about ordering this.. Anyone do it?
How is the food?

Does it work?

Yogi
05-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Not for me.

I thought the food tasted worse than franco-american canned foods.
The breakfasts all suck. I hate powdered eggs.
A lot of teh "meals" are just ridiculous.
Not enough fiber, not many places to add it easily.
I did not lose any weight, they left me hungry quitea bit so I ate extra. Even so, I SHOULD have been losing weight considering how deprived I was.

IMHO, nutrisystem is all about portion control. If you can use a scale and measure your food servings, you can eat a lot better and more effectively on your own.

deadra
05-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Hey SalesCoach,

I have a couple friends on Nutrisystem. They like most of the food. There are a few things they aren't crazy about. However, they did say all the desserts they tried were great!!

You still have to add your veggies and salads to the program.

If you try it, let me know what you think about it.

happymommy
05-25-2007, 06:04 AM
I've never tried it, but my friend's MIL didn't like the food. She felt it was way to processed and well...yucky. :)

Swidmom
05-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Not for me.

I thought the food tasted worse than franco-american canned foods.
The breakfasts all suck. I hate powdered eggs.
A lot of teh "meals" are just ridiculous.
Not enough fiber, not many places to add it easily.
I did not lose any weight, they left me hungry quitea bit so I ate extra. Even so, I SHOULD have been losing weight considering how deprived I was.

IMHO, nutrisystem is all about portion control. If you can use a scale and measure your food servings, you can eat a lot better and more effectively on your own.

Yogi, instead of bashing a diet plan thatdidn't work for youmaybe you should have contacted one of the nutritionists that is on hand to help. NS has helped ALOT of people, me included!

I lost 20 pounds and kept it off.

One on the best things about this plan is that you can custom order your food. Yes, there are some meals that are not pleasant but there are others that are very good-like the pastas. I ate cereals, bars, pancakes, oatmeal and pastries for breakfast. The lunch soups are soooo good and because I am oftenon the go I ate trailmix bars for lunch.

You add in your own dairy, veggies and fruit. I was never hungry. I only had 20 pounds to lose. There are many plans to choose from. My mom is on the over 60 plan for women and has lost about 50 pounds so far!

NS is like the Zone diet. It balances your protein, fat , cal, and fiber intake that is needed for a healthy daily food plan. The difference, the food is prepared for you.

Please PM me with questions. I would be happy to help. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Ellen

Yogi
05-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Yogi, instead of bashing a diet plan thatdidn't work for youmaybe you should have contacted one of the nutritionists that is on hand to help. NS has helped ALOT of people, me included!

The great thing about this place is that everyone gets to speak. What works for some does not work for all. I am sorry what I had to say offended you.

Swidmom
05-25-2007, 06:42 AM
no prob!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

caitalexmommy
05-25-2007, 06:45 AM
My MIL has been doing NS for a while and has lost a lot of weight. She does NS m-f and takes sat/sun off. She said a lot of the food isn't great, but a lot of it is. The best thing to do is the first time you order it you can get a variety box and they send you the most popular stuff. Just keep a list of what you liked and didn't like, then next time order the ones you want. My only fear of those types of diets is what happens when you come off of it? I think it's better to change your eating habits for life. But if you have problems with portion control, it's great at teaching you what size your meal should be. Good luck!

Swidmom
05-25-2007, 06:52 AM
I have been on Maintenance for 2 months. I still eat their lunches just cause it easier. NS really does teach you portion control. I also watch my protein and fiber intake to make sure I get enough. Its hard to stay away fron the "bad" carbs but you learn and if you excercise maintaining isn't difficult.

SalesCoach
05-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Thank You Guys.

This is the thing. Working at home has caused me to become best friends with Wine, Sugar, pasta and the fridge..

This is weird because I only need to lose like 20 pounds and if I started working out again.. We wouldnt be having this conversation.. LOL

I was into body building in my early 20s.. I am 32 now.

I switched to almost all 100% organic.. I learn to make it taste better.. because some if it.. Well.. IT SUCKED and was over priced!

But hey, its all about your health right!

I keep getting these dang flyers for the Nutrisystem diet.

I do not have much to lose.. But really want it to get on a schedule.

I eat when I want and skip meals.. Sometimes.. I have a ton of breakfast and then dont eat anymore..

I am on medication that is making me gain weight and I cant stand it because I have a Fat phobia or something.. NO OFFENSE!

I am 4 11 and like 132
Some people get mad when I say this.. To be honest.. I think my biggest thing is getting back into working out and making it fun.. I GOT SO BURNED OUT FROM BEING A GYM RAT!

SO I looked for a quick fix..

I wish they would let you try it for one week before you commit.. I don't want a bunch of food that taste like a cheap microwave dinner.

Can we add salt to it.. hot sauce or lemon? or is that a no no!!!

I am really considering trying it..

mommytotwo
05-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Hi Katherine,
I am short like you, 5'1 and 115- so I know where you are coming from about people getting mad when you say what size you are. I am not working out to lose weight, though I wouldn't mind losing 5 pounds, it just won't come off so I am assuming my body needs it on me, however much I hate it. I am working out because I really love it. I have thought about Nutri System just to get those last 5 pounds off, but it is expensive. Right now, I just love working out- I love eating also though. LOL!

I say to go for it if you really want to. I had a friend do it years ago and had great success. I just think it would be so great to have the food all right there for you, no worry about measuring portions, counting calories, etc. It is done for you, which really, to me, seems so great!

As for your burning out from being a gym rat- do you exercise at home at all? If you can get some really fun DVD's to use, that helps. I have Christi Taylor who uses AWESOME music in all of her cardio workouts, all songs you know and can sing along with, but she is pretty dancey. I also love doing The Firm workouts, which incorporate weights and cardio and I recently purchased a Turbo Jam workout too. I have several others that I have in my weekly rotation, so I never get bored.

Maybe if you can find some really fun at-home workouts, get a variety of them, that would help your burn out. Just a thought.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
-Kaye

Yogi
05-27-2007, 05:49 AM
IMHO Nutrisystem does not need added salt. It was way too salty for my taste buds already. You could certainly add hot sauce or lemon, but I doubt it would help. I wish I ONLY had 30 pounds to lose.

BTW, there is plenty of Nutrisystem for sale on eBay if you want to go that way and try a smaller amount than a five week supply. In fact, now that I think about it,I have to go gather up my leftovers and sell them.

Swidmom
05-27-2007, 06:30 AM
No salt needed for your meals. We know several people who bought from QVC-5 days on 2 days off.

If you are not completely satisfied I believe you can return the unused food.

I am 5'1 and 119. After 2 babies this is a great weight for me.

Hey Yogi, got any lunch soups????

Yogi
05-27-2007, 07:05 AM
No, I ate the lunch soups and other canned stuff and the tray food. I really tried to give it a chance. I have lots of eggs, and some cookies and snack items and I don't remember what else.

Lori Moreno
05-27-2007, 10:51 PM
If you go to the QVC website and type in Nutri System, you can see comments of some people who have tried it.

I was surprised by thenegative experiences/posts.

Lorihttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1