WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : anyone read The Makers Diet?

cinnamonmomof3
05-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Hello! I just got this book, The Makers Diet and it sounds good. Have any of you read or followed it?

chrlstoncharmed
05-24-2007, 06:43 AM
I haven't heard of it. What are the principles?

cinnamonmomof3
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Basically, you eat more natural, whole foods, less processed foods. You can eat meat but organic is best, no pork, shellfish or smooth skinned fish because those animals are scavengers, they eat the garbage of the earth therefore are unhealthy for us to eat. It’s also about eating “living food” like, grains and beans that have been soaked first to start the germination or “sprouted” because at that point the are the most nutritious. It’s a diet based on the Bible.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
There is a website about it http://www.makersdiet.com/public/default.aspx

I have not been able to follow it yet but I am going to try it out.

caitalexmommy
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I have wanted that book for so long. It's based on how God wants us to eat-it avoids the unclean meats, and basically everything is natural. It would be hard (for me) to follow, but I think it has great principles. Keep us updated on how it goes!

cinnamonmomof3
05-24-2007, 01:27 PM
caitalexmommy, I will let you all know how it goes. The book has a 40 day program to follow, but I don't think I will be able to compleatly follow it but I figure if I take out the unclean food and start to add in the good food then I will be doing well. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1