WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Lemonade Diet Substitute?

LadyTimeLord
05-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Ok. I would like to try the Lemonade diet. My problem at the time is that I cannot find the grade B maple syrup. Is there anything I can use to substitute for that that will work the same or just as well?

Thanks! I seriously need to loose weight!!!

FV Mom
05-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi Monkish. If you check out www.therawfoodsite.com (http://www.therawfoodsite.com) Steve sells a Master Cleanse kit with all the supplies including the maple syrup if you can't find it locally.

If your goal is to lose weight, the Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet may not be the best choice for you UNLESS you are using it to jumpstart a healthy life style. The Master Cleanse is a cellular cleansing program and not so much a "diet". If you're looking at the Master Cleanse stictly for weight loss, then it may not be the best choice for you. You may want to start out by moderatley cutting your calories, increasing activity (aka working out) to 6-7 days a week, drinking lots of water, and substituting hgh calorie, high fat processed foods with whole grans, and raw fruits and veggies. This is how I've lost the weightto date along with doing the Master Cleanse. HTH!

plsparties
05-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I agree with FrutavidaMom above. On a few things. The therawfoodsite.com is awesome for info and supplies. And that the Mastercleanse should be a jumpstart to eating healthier. I'm on day 14 now and felt a burst of energy. I think it took about 12 days for me to feel this rush. I was looking for something to lose weight and read and researched the mastercleanse to find that it was way more than that. Rather than watching the scale now, I'm keeping an eye on my tongue and toilet!! LOL!!!

EDIT: Just want to add that I can't wait to finish cleansing and start eating a raw diet for 10 days!

Edited by: plsparties

LadyTimeLord
05-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Isnt a good cleansing good before going on diet though? I probably can at least get down to a good size to be able to work out better and more energy is always a good thing for that. I have some clothes that I would like to be able to fit into again.

Kitt B Fit
05-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Monkish,

A *good* cleanse is an excellent way to jump start your metabolism, clear the body of impurities and toxins, and accelerate fat burning. I would caution against programs that do not include a nutrition component- you don't want to fast and actually hinder your diet by slowing your metabolism, so it is important to be flooding your system with vitamins, nutrients and minerals during a cleanse.

Here's a link to my first cleansing experience:
Kitt's Cleanse Journal (http://www.isagenixjournal.blogspot.com)

And also some MOTIVATON (http://www.weightlosshalloffame.net) for you as you begin your journey!

Cleansing really does work, but you get out of it what you invest into it. I haven't heard of anyone having a lot of success or any long term success with the lemonade diet.

I've had tremendous results with the cleansing program I use, and I know that FV mom has had fabulous success with her program. I believe that Melle (ChristianCharmed) has also done a cleanse that is different from the two I mentioned. You might want to ask around, look into the various programs, and decide what will best fit your individual needs.

Cellular cleansing works wonderfully, because you are ridding the toxins, which create and trap fat into the body, so you lose and burn fat quickly with much less chance of rebound when you have an occasional "splurge" like we all do.

Have a great time with this, and share your results!

To your BEST Health,
--Kitt

jnmurra
05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Isnt a good cleansing good before going on diet though? I probably can at least get down to a good size to be able to work out better and more energy is always a good thing for that. I have some clothes that I would like to be able to fit into again.

I have tried a couple of different methods of cleansing (not the Master Cleanse though) and I have honestly found the best way is cleansing through whole foods. I just did one in March, which wascreated by a nutritionist,and I lost 8.2 lbs. in 2 weeks and 2 days (accidentally cut it short...long story http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif) and have kept it off andhave actuallylost more since then. I honestly think it restarted my metabolism and I know my energy went through the roof. The funny thing was I was eating so much on the cleanse, way more than my normal caloric intake, that it freaked me out! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Basically it's supposed to be a 21-day cleanse and you eliminate sugar,wheat, gluten, dairy, and red meat. It wasn't that hard to do, actually, and I didn't starve/wasn't left feeling hungry AT ALLandhad enough energy to work out because my calories weren't too low (they were actually around 1800 per day). I took some supplements, but the most important one is Candex and it can be found at your local health food store or online. I think where I bought itonline was Wholesale Supplements.

Good luck with your cleanse and weight loss!

Edited by: jnmurra

FV Mom
05-21-2007, 04:51 PM

I have tried a couple of different methods of cleansing (not the Master Cleanse though) and I have honestly found the best way is cleansing through whole foods. I just did one in March, which wascreated by a nutritionist,and I lost 8.2 lbs. in 2 weeks and 2 days (accidentally cut it short...long story http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif) and have kept it off andhave actuallylost more since then. I honestly think it restarted my metabolism and I know my energy went through the roof. The funny thing was I was eating so much on the cleanse, way more than my normal caloric intake, that it freaked me out! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Basically it's supposed to be a 21-day cleanse and you eliminate sugar,wheat, gluten, dairy, and red meat. It wasn't that hard to do, actually, and I didn't starve/wasn't left feeling hungry AT ALLandhad enough energy to work out because my calories weren't too low (they were actually around 1800 per day). I took some supplements, but the most important one is Candex and it can be found at your local health food store or online. I think where I bought itonline was Wholesale Supplements.

Good luck with your cleanse and weight loss!

Can you share more info about this cleanse? I plan to cleanse again on June 1st but not sure if I want to do MC or something else. I'm leaning towards The Master Cleanse again because it worked so well before, but am interested in the one you mentioned above too. Is it like Jay Robb's 3 Day Fruit Flush?

jnmurra
05-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Hmmm...I don't know since I don't know what the 3-Day Fruit Flush consists of? Can you give me a link, please? If his involves only fruit, then, no, it's not.

Honestly, I think this one will really help you. I will send you some info!

LadyTimeLord
05-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I need something that is low cost or free. I am unemployeed right now.

plsparties
05-21-2007, 09:50 PM
^^ That was my issue too. Low cost or free. We having a big move and wanted something simple (instead of shakes, recipes, etc.) but also needed to save money.

I would order the maple syrup. I heard you could use molassas too, But I would stick with the Grade B Maple Syrup. Do you have a Whole Foods Market near you? www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Go to the Forums at www.therawfoodssite.com and you will find LOTS of information. Let us know how it goes!

Sorry about your unemployment. You should start a home biz! :)

angienewton
05-22-2007, 04:20 AM
I probably can at least get down to a good size to be able to work out better

I used to believe this too but it's just not the case. You don't need to be a certain size or weight to start working out better. Just get started small and you'll find that it just gets easier. Start walking daily and add more activity to each day.

I lost my first 70 lbsby basically just doingthe Walk Away the Pounds in-home walking workouts and using a rebounder (mini trampoline).

This change you're about to make should be a lifestyle change and not a quick fix 'diet'.

You should check out The Diet thread (http://forum.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27134).This is a healthy way of eating and it helped meand others.The post islocated at the top of this forum.Edited by: angienewton

jnmurra
05-22-2007, 05:22 AM
I do agree with Angie about exercising. Even if you have to modify the moves at first (if you're doing aerobics or something), modify them and just keep going at it every single day. You will be amazed at your own progress! And walking is a great activity for anyone, even if you only walk a little bit at a time at first. And the best part - it's totally free!

I also think that while cleanses are good for us every once in a while to help our bodies to cleanse itself, Angie is also right in that if you want to lose weight, it will have to be a lifestyle change, especially after a cleanse. If you do a cleanse and then go back to the same eating patterns you had before, whatever weight you lose doing the cleanse (if you lose any) will most certainly be gained back.

Check out the Diet Thread, and also there is a website called Hillbilly Housewife where she lists recipes and grocery lists and basically tells you how to feed yourself and your family really inexpensively. I noticed last year that she also had a healthy version of Hillbilly Housewife. Check it out: http://www.healthy.hillbillyhousewife.com/index.htm There is some great information there and it looks like she has recipes there as well.

LadyTimeLord
05-22-2007, 05:20 PM
A bit off my topic, but what about tricks or whatnot that I can do to help things go along?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1