WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : oh my goodness

caitalexmommy
05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I am so down right now. I haven't weighed myself since after I had my son 6 months ago... I figured I had probably gone over 190 a little, but I got my scales today... I'm 201. I know that's not much more than 190, but something about seeing that big fat 2 killed me. I burst into tears. I was motivated before, but if anything has ever been the kicker, that was it! Expect to see me on here a lot ladies, I R-E-F-U-S-E to stay at this weight. I was gonna wait until TJ came in the mail (just ordered it today), but I'm starting now. I'm getting up in the morning and doing TaeBo and walking until it gets here. Man... I've never been this big in my life. *sigh*

chrlstoncharmed
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Don't get down, just get moving. Girl, you are going to feel SO GOOD (and you're going to LOOK good too! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif). YOU CAN DO THIS! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

veperez
05-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes... dont' get down. Face this 200 straight in the face and taebo kick it out a here!!! I went through the same exact feeling about 6 months ago, so I know how you feel. I didn't nip it in the bud and let 12 more pounds creep up on me before I "got it".

We are all here to help out and cheer you on! You can over come this.

Keep you head up!

~ Vilma

deadra
05-18-2007, 06:35 AM
I feel your pain! I'm over 2 also. But, I'm working on it!! Making small changes and exercising.

angienewton
05-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm so glad to hear you're not going to wait until TJ gets there to start. Just get up and start movinghttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif You'll be back in ONEderland before you know it. It was so exciting for me to hit that mark and we'll celebrate with you!

And just think of the tears of joyyou'll have when you look back and see the major change in yourself when you hit your goals. It's very emotional for me to see the change but it's a great feeling.

caitalexmommy
06-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Just wanted to update: My scales did say 200+ in the evening, and then I heard the clue to weigh yourself after you use the restroom right after you wake up to get an ideal weight... I was "only" at 197 then, but at my lowest each morning it's 193.6ish now. YAY! However, I HAAAAAAAAATE my scales now. After working out, my weight goes up/down 1-2 pounds, so I just don't bother with it anymore. My pants feel looser, I have more energy, so who the heck cares what my scales say lol. It could say 500 pounds, but if I look and feel good I could care less. It feels great to learn to be free from the scales!!!

OrangeSmoke20
06-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Congrats on your weight loss so far. I certainly know how you feel about the scale...it is your best friend yet your worse enemy!I too go through the flip flopping of 1-2 lbs. It is SOOO annoying....LOL! But you are right, if the pants are getting looser and you are feeling better...then it shouldn't matter what the scale is saying!
Keep up the great work!!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

hbkeil
06-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Congrats on your weight loss so far girl. You sound exactly like me a year ago. I ended up gaining 70 lbs while preggy. I never thought that could happen but a couple weeks before I had him I went over the 200 lb mark. Luckily a lot of the weight came off within 6 months but still I was 165 lbs forever. After a year I have finally decided that I am tired of being big and now I'm down to 150. :) You are starting much earlier than I did. In no time you'll be back to your normal self. Remember to take it one day at a time.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1