WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

mctaza1
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
What has been the hardest part/change you've made to lose the weight?

I struggle with giving up my evening snacks. We eat dinner around 6ish and about 9pm, I feel like I'm starving...so I'm still struggling with the willpower to give up those 9 o'clock snacks.

jnmurra
05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Next to giving up soda, yep, the nighttime munchies...*sigh* It was excruciatingly painful to do it, but wow, did it pay off! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Try drinking some herbal tea (without caffeine, of course). I drink chamomile and it has seemed to help. If I must eat something ( you know how you get where you just can't take your mind off of it and nothing is going to help until you indulgea little...LOL), I grab something healthy - an apple, an orange, maybe if I'm looking for crunchy some carrots or crackers orsomething.

I feel your pain!

HTH

veperez
05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
For me it the late eating after 9:00 pm. I'm still struggling with this. If I do have them, I try to limit them to 100 calories or less.

IamBlessed
05-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, I haven't given them up yet so I guess that's why it's the hardest for me, but it's diet cokes with lunch and supper and not having those midnight snacks (or any snacks after supper period). I look at the weight I've lost and know if I had just worked a little harder, eatena little smarter I'd be at a lot more than 17 lbs in 10 weeks.

I feel like if I can get a handle on snacking at night and drop soda completely from my beverage list I'll rock and roll!

deadra
05-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Sweet Tea .... I love sweet tea!!!

angienewton
05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh gosh, let's see...

Giving up soda and Oreos (I HAD to do this for myself because I had no self control over how much I had of each LOL)

The other thing that was hard in the beginning was daily workouts.

I too still struggle with eating late but we have always hadlate dinners(7 pm or after because of dh's work schedule and I don't cookhttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif).

plsparties
05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
The hardest thing would be not picking at food while I'm cooking or even clearing the table/doing the dishes. It's a bad nasty habit! Show's how much I love food in a not-good way.

mctaza1
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Whew...I'm happy I'm not the only one who struggles with night time munchies. It's terrible!!
I have given up soda many times and do great with it as long as I have Crystal Lite to substitute it with.

My sister cures her nighttime cravings by brushing her teeth...gosh I wish that worked for me!!

Herbal tea huh...I have a hard time with tea, but I'll give it a try.

happymommy
05-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Late night eating was definately my biggest challange. I did what jnmurra said and started having herbal tea instead. If I truly am hungry (sometimes I am, depending on how active I've been & how late I'm up) I'll have something high in protein.

happymommy
05-16-2007, 05:45 AM
I just thought...I wonder WHY night time snacking is such an issue?

I think it's a couple things for me.

1) DH used to work late and would eat dinner after ds went to bed. So, I would sit down w/ him and snack. This started the habit.

2) Sometimes, I feel like I hardly even taste my dinner. I'm up & down waiting on everyone else and focused on getting everything ready. I think late night is the only time I felt I could actually really enjoy what I was eating & relax. The herbal tea just subsituted 1 habit for another and that became my "relax time". I also started having my green tea and a snack while he's napping in the afternoon. This gives me a "moment" during the day where I feel like I'm getting a treat to myself. :)

Hope that helps!

kristy2
05-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Everything is hard for me....

making myself excersise.

cutting back my diet soda. I can't have a lot of aspartame. It kills my stomache so basically all I get is water and one diet soada a day.

Night time snacking is a killer for me too. Last night I had an apple!! =)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1