WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New marine Wife!

themarinewife85
05-09-2007, 07:50 AM
hey, my names Carrie i just wanted to find some woman who are married to a marine! I just recently got married, and now my husbands gone for a couple of weeks and then 3 months and then he gets deployed for the first time. I am having a really hard time with him being gone, i was wondering if you had any suggestions on things to make the time go by quicker. I am so use to having him around and all the sudden he's gone. I miss him very much! It would be nice to talk to some girls who are going through the samething! take care!

Carrie

suescott4eva
05-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi Carrie,

Welcome to WAHM !!! I just sent you a pm. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

BrendaB
05-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi Carrie....my name is Brenda and I'm also married to a Marine. What I have found to help make the time seem to go faster is that you need to keep busy. My hubby was gone a year and since we didn't have any kids then....I just worked a lot and spent a lot of time with my friends and family. Oh yea...I also started working out because I wanted to be in awesome shape when I saw him again.

Brenda

themarinewife85
05-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the reply Brenda, i'm trying to keep busy. i do wish my family lived closer, but my mother in law lives near me so that's always good. Working out sounds great! i just need the motivation! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif
That and i hate my job, so i think i need to find a new one! Take care!

Carrie

ArmyChiefsWife
05-10-2007, 04:17 PM
I am not a Marine wife but Army.... hubby has been gone for 11 months and still has 4 to go... i just stayed busy by working at home... had a baby and now i am working out... and of course touring the island... we are stationed in Hawaii. You just have to keep busy in order to get through not having him home... or otherwise you will find yourself very depressed. Good blessing to you... need anything do not hesitate to pm me or ask away here!

themarinewife85
05-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the reply, wow i could only image how hard it is for you not having your husband around for more than a year! my dad was in the army. I also have friends who are in iraq for a year an half, that'scrazy! I wish we would get stationed in Hawaii sometime! that would be great! Is it really as expensive as they say it is? it's like 5 dollars for a gallon of milk! How long have you and your husband been married? I'd love to keep talking to you. Take care! smileys/smiley1.gif

Carrie

LovingMySoldier
05-19-2007, 04:37 AM
I was just wondering if your planning on moving where your husband gets stationed. And if so, what does your family think about it? Thats the main problem that my husband and I are having to deal with. He just went to MEPS today but we are already having to fight with my family about taking our son to where ever he gets stationed at..... GRRRR!!!! I'm so stressed and frustrated by this whole thing.

BrendaB
05-19-2007, 06:59 AM
I always believe that if your hubby gets transferred then you need to follow him.
Brenda

LovingMySoldier
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
My husband was actually told from his family that if I didn't follow him to where he was stationed (even though I'm VERY close with my family and have never lived more than 30min away) that I didn't love him.

Mrs1stSgt
05-20-2007, 07:41 AM
I agree with BrendaB, you always, always support your husband. You of course love your husband, and do not ask the opinion of your family if they are not military nor have never been military, our life is not the same. Your husband joined the military because he wants to make a difference in the world and wants to support his family. Sweety, support your man he is making the right decision and he will need you. There is not a day that goes by that I am not telling my husband how PROUD I am of him. If we have to spend 5 years in Cuba (GTMO) I will be there for him.Therejob is so very, very hard and he needs yoursweet arms and those soft lips andprecious smiles from that baby.
Lisa

FoundInNature
05-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Lovingmysoldier,

I'm not sure I understand your post. Don't you want to live with your husband? Didn't you talk about this before he signed up? Is it just your family having the issue and not you? I'm confused. It really doesn't matter what your familysays or thinks. This is about you and your husband and isn't anyone else's decision. With email and phone calls, your family is always within contact range. Good luck.
Deanna

LovingMySoldier
05-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Lovingmysoldier,

I'm not sure I understand your post. Don't you want to live with your husband? Didn't you talk about this before he signed up? Is it just your family having the issue and not you? I'm confused. It really doesn't matter what your familysays or thinks. This is about you and your husband and isn't anyone else's decision. With email and phone calls, your family is always within contact range. Good luck.
Deanna

Deanna,
Its not that I didn't want to live with him, its just that my family has given me such grief over it and have tried their best to convince me not to move. Insane part is, it was even them that convinced him to join. I guess they expected him to join and me to stay here. Has your family always been supportive of you moving with your husband? Do you all have kids? Thanks for your reply!

Melissa

BrendaB
05-20-2007, 04:31 PM
My family has always been supportive of our moves but then my Dad is retired Navy so I knew what I was signing up for when I married my Marine.

I know it's hard when your family isn't supportive of what you are doing, but you have to tell them, "Look I'm married now and my son and hubby comes first."

Brenda

FoundInNature
05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Deanna,
Its not that I didn't want to live with him, its just that my family has given me such grief over it and have tried their best to convince me not to move. Insane part is, it was even them that convinced him to join. I guess they expected him to join and me to stay here. Has your family always been supportive of you moving with your husband? Do you all have kids? Thanks for your reply!

Melissa

Wow, I guess they should have been careful what they wished for! It never fails to amaze me that people really don't understand the military lifestyle. I don't see how they could possibly think for two seconds that he would join and you would not go with him. Do they not like him?

My family on both sides is very supportive. I'm pretty sure it has never even crossed their minds to think I would not go with him. They would start questionning me about our marriage if I didn't. A geographic separation is very hard on a marriage. Life is stressful enough without purposely adding to it.

We have two boys, now 5 and 6. They were both born in Hawaii. In those 5 years they have lived in 3 states and are getting ready for the next move this summer. Kids are resilient and take their cue from you. When you are positive about all the changes, they will be too. You just have to accept this as a new lifestyle. The only reason I could see to not move with him after his AIT is if he is going to be deployed immediately. I know many ladies who go home to family for support during that time. But as soon as he's back....

Good luck,
Deanna

elle13ad4u
05-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey Carrie, I'm married to a marine too, and he's deployed right now, we have a eight month old son too. I always try to keep busy, that really does make the day go by faster. I know how you feel, but just stay strong ok, and keep yourself busy, maybe working or visiting friends and family, that will help too.

themarinewife85
05-29-2007, 07:22 AM
hey ladies, i am sorry i havent been on the message board lately i have been out of town to spend the last couple of days with my husband. Thanks for all the reply's it helps knowing im not the only one dealing with this stress and separation. I am at work so i will check it here and there.

Have a great day!

Carrie