WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Even with orders in hand...

FoundInNature
05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Has this happened to anyone else?

We finally got orders a little over a week ago. DH was sweating it a little as he was pretty close to graduation. The orders include a 6 week school in route and on the orders it say to call ahead to verify some things giving a phone number for point of contact. One of the people he is graduating with is going to the same school and called the number inquiring about the class they are attending beginning in June. The reply was "what class?" http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif They said the next class they have on the books doesn't begin until the end of July!

So, even though we finally have orders in hand, they still may not be right. We could be leaving in 2 weeks going directly to his new command, or he could be stuck here until the end of July with nothing to do. I should be used to this by now. He calls tomorrow to find out what's going on. Hopefully, it's much ado about nothing. But really, do I need the added stress for nothing? Is my karma off or something?

Deanna

BrendaB
05-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Well...let's hope that whoever your hubby's classmate spoke with didn't know what he was talking about. I hope everything works out the way you would like it to be :)

Brenda

ArmyChiefsWife
05-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Does not surprise me at all... Orders get amended all the time. Just do not stress yourself out... breathe and roll with the flow... get the accurate info and take one step at a time... or you will make yourself sick. Good Blessings to you!... my husbands motto.... "CHECK, RECHECK, and CHECK again"... He lives by this... 16yrs of this will do it to you!

FoundInNature
05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I know it isn't a big deal. This is just a really crazy time period for me. But most of the craziness is over by Sunday. Then we can get down to planning our move.

We found out yesterday they've already modified his orders. His class just starts a week earlier. This works out fine for us, so much ado about nothing just as I anticipated. It all works out one way or another. Now we just have to get a renter, and we are ready to move!

Deanna

BrendaB
05-09-2007, 06:55 AM
woo hoo....I hope your move goes smoothly :)

Brenda