WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Men!

Artist4Sale
04-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Ok gals, here's the deal, lol. I finally broke down and decided to get a dog. I told my husband I wanted a small dog since it's just easier to move with etc. I decided after going over a friends house that I wanted a Pomeranian, yeah a little girly, but it was a nice dog! lol!

Wellllll.....we get in the conversation the other day, and he says.."oh what makes you think YOU get to decide what kind of dog we get?" and of course I said...hmmm lets see, since I will be the one taking care of it 90% of the time! And of course he said why do I think that? UMMMMMM.........training, late night at the ranges, deployment (coming up soon)...HELLOOOOO! Then he says it's not fair I pick everything out etc and he was the one that wanted the dog in the first place. And I am sticking to my guns! I mean, they drag us halfway around the world for years, and are never home...so if I want a darn Pomeranian I am getting one!! LOL! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Stacey

FoundInNature
04-30-2007, 01:02 PM
That's a tough one. On the one hand, although he did choose to join the military, once in he doesn't always have that many choices as to whenor where he goes and how long he does it. He also cannot just quit and change his life. Now, you're telling him that his choices at home are limited too. I can certainly see how he would be frustrated.

On your hand, though, you are absolutely right. You are the one that will have to take care of it, so it should be something you are comfortable and happy with. This is a small point of contention at my house too, and we don't yet have a dog either for the reason that I would be the one taking care of it.

I guess I would try to point out that if you don't want to give him his way in this, look for some other area where you can compromise or give him his way completely. Maybe that way he won't feel that "you pick out everything" and that he's not included or has no say.

I'm certainly not one to just give in, but I know the military lifestyle is as tough on them as it is on us. It just isn't easy, period. So, a little compromise can go a long way.

Deanna

ArmyChiefsWife
04-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Very well said FoundinNature... Although i personally choose tototally give in when it comes to my husband... he is on his second deployment... jumps out of aircraft during combat... and on his way to Ranger school very soon...He sacrifices too much for his family and our country...This is my way of relieving him of any unnecessary stress... especially during the little time that he does get to spend at home...Now whenhe retires... it is another whole story... MY TIME!!!! LOLLLL!!!Edited by: ArmyChiefsWife

LovingMySoldier
05-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Ooohh the dog issue. I've already been dealing with that from my hubby. When I finally break down and get him a dog (a yappy little Aus. Shephard), he barely ever spends any time with her. He feeds her and thats pretty much it. I swear sometimes I think men are worse than kids lol

Melissa

Artist4Sale
05-19-2007, 09:57 AM
hehe! Well we decided to try to rescue from the shelter..I got to pick him out, but when we brought him home he was really defensive of anything he thought was HIS toy,,,even when you tried to throw a ball with him...he would try to nip at you..and he tried to nip at my daughter who is 21 mos. He was PERFECT besides that...I had to take him back I was SO upset, he was REALLY cool. At least the shelter I got him at is a no kill shelter. The dog was 1-2 yrs old, I am thinking he may have been older. We decided we have to go with a puppy to train it to be around small children. If it was just my husband and I, I would have kept him no doubt! He was so excited to be walked and played with and petted....SO SAD!!!

The search continues!
Stacey