WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

FoundInNature
04-21-2007, 04:49 PM
My husband is graduating in 3 weeks with a degree in Physics. He will also be commissioned as an Ensign (Navy O-1). We have over 30 family members on both sides coming in for the weekend.
But that just isn't enough for me. My company is producing a new weight loss product and is releasing it next month. However, even though it has done very well in Canada, they want some testimonies from our "family" of reps. They requested our stories and a before picture be emailed to them by April 10th. Those selected would receive a 60 day supply of the products, but they also had to agree to attend the convention being held in Jacksonville, FL Memorial Day weekend. I didn't apply at first because we are also getting ready to PCS. In fact, my DH has to report to Pensacola the next weekend for a 6 week school the first week of June. Too much going on, I thought. But then I decided, well, this is my business. I should try to get in on this, right? So, the very last day I sent in my info after I had my DH take my "before" picture. (Not fun by the way!!)

Anyways, the story is just beginning as I've been selected to be one of the 20 member testimonial group!! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gifhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif I'm excited but nervous. I really want there to be a distinct difference between my before picture an me on that stage. But I have a ways to go and just six weeks before that convention. But you have to start somewhere.

I just wanted to share with you ladies. I probably have more in common with this group than in any other folder. I haven't dealt well in the past with stress (I put on 30 lbs finishing my BS last year.) But I started the program yesterday. I am hoping to make a noticeable difference in my weight before everyone shows up next month. I want to be proud when I put on my husband's new butter bars!

Anyways, wish me luck!! I'll be checking in with the weight loss folder to keep myself motivated. I'm determined not to let anything get in my way. But we still need to get our orders, plan the move, do something with our house... It's going to a busy May!

Deanna

barefoot
04-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Deanna,
What motivation to lose weight! I think I would need some pressure like that to keep me motivated. We just got an elliptical machine and I have used it 4 days in a row. I could only do 4 minutes on the first day and was able to do 12.5 minutes today.

Just realizing that you deal with stress by eating is half the battle, I think. Once you name it, it's easier to control it, in my opinion.

You're going to LOVE P'cola! It's gorgeous there and the beaches are SO pretty. Just imagine your new slender self walking along the beach with your newly promoted hubby! That'll keep you motivated!

Keep us posted!

Susan

ArmyChiefsWife
04-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Good Blessings to you and Congrats to your Hubby!!!!

BrendaB
04-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Congrats to the both of you :)

Brenda

FoundInNature
04-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks, ladies. I can't believe its less than three weeks away. These next few months are going to go by quickly.

Deanna

ArmyChiefsWife
04-22-2007, 01:43 PM
i am wishing the months to go by quickly... hubby got that 3 month extension... so instead of coming home in July... it will not be until October... So here's to months flying by^5... i am so ready for him to be home... Sorry for Post Jacking.