WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : 6 Week Body Makeover

KekeRayDesigns
04-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I just started this plan and I think it's awesome so far. I love how it is completely customized to my body type...it really makes me feel like i'm not just "trying another diet".

Has anyone else followed this plan? If so, what did you think?

Mystical0129
05-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I have not followed the plan but I have been very interested in it and have been considering trying it. I see you posted that in early April. Have you had any success with it yet? Do you find it easy to use? How is the fitness part or it? Good luck with it and I hope it works for you. smileys/smiley2.gif

chrlstoncharmed
05-05-2007, 06:37 AM
I do love the body type part of the 6WBM program. However (there's always a 'but', right? LOL http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif) ... IMO the eating plan was too strict. Michael Thurmond's method is "success is 80% diet", but as I'm learning, it can be healthier to work out more/harder than Michael Thurmon recommends. Yes, really! LOL

I'm currently reading a gem of an eBook by Tom Venuto and he also uses body typing - but he's got so much more info on my type then the 6WBM. (I'll write a seperate post about this)

Trese
05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I saw this on an informercial today and am thinking of buying it. Has it worked for anyone??

Mystical0129
05-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I keep seeing that darn infomercial too. smileys/smiley7.gif It keeps making me want to buy it. If the eating plan is that strict then maybe it's not the best choice for me. I agree with you Chrlston, that exercise should play more of a role in the plan then only 20%. The way they make it look, it's more about the exercise and eating 6 times a day then it is about the food itself. They do however offer a money back guarantee if it's not the right plan. I don't know. I'm still pondering this one... smileys/smiley5.gif

Trese
05-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Well, see I bought the program about two years ago. I loved sitting there doing the blueprints of my body and it was interesting finding out my body type and what foods are best for me. But the meal plan was a drastic change and I guess I wasn't 100% committed to it so it sat there for a few weeks collecting dust.

DH said "you gonna use that?" and I called in and got the info to return it and they refunded my $$ even though I had writtten on the blueprint sheets. Company stands behind their product.

Now I know that any plan can work, I am the key ingredient!! I have to want to do it and be ready to change and not short term but for life. The way I look at it is this plan is more fun because of the blueprints. smileys/smiley2.gif
I would like to have the eating out guide as well.

I was just hoping someone here would chime in and say they were able to follow it all 100% and give their testimonials.

FoundInNature
05-06-2007, 07:02 AM
I saw the infomercial and was very interested. But I did some research online. Many people were saying that the eating plan was too strict, difficult to stick with. And I ended up finding his book "6 DayBody Makeover." It was only $15, so I thought I'd try that before I coughed up the money for the 6 week thing.

Although the eating plan is very strict, it wasn't too bad for 6 days. I ended up loosing 9 pounds in those 6 days. The 6 day diet isn't something you can do long term, but it is great if you have hit a plateau or you need to loose a quick amount for a special occasion or something. He does give recommendations for exercise and ways to modify the plan to use it longer. But it definitely wasn't easy.

I was planning on using it this week. I have a lot of family arriving for a special occasion this weekend. And I know how it is when we all get together. It seems like all we do is eat. So, I thought I'd use his plan for the first half of the week to balance out the last half. Hopefully, I can maintain a little weight loss in the long run.

Deanna

Mystical0129
05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, I guess I'll rule this one out for now. There are plans that are not as strict that I am weighing on. One of them seems to be better for me at this point. Good luck to those who are on this and I wish you success! smileys/smiley2.gif

Trese
06-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Keke--how is this coming along for you???

I broke down and ordered it again today!!! I am going to stick it out for a few weeks and see what happens!!

hbkeil
06-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't do the 6 week body make over but I got his book from teh library that is the 6 day body make over and I did lose 5 lbs in one week but ended up gaining it all right back. It is really strict. I know the 6 day is more strict than the 6 week but I couldn't keep up with it. It did make me feel great after day 3 though. I had tons of energy and felt very alert.
Good luck with it. It was fun finding out what body type you are. I was just glad I wasn't the body type it eat basicaly all fish and green veggies.

Trese
06-28-2007, 05:17 AM
hmmm...well-we will see!!!smileys/smiley36.gif I need to do something. I am miserable!!

FoundInNature
06-28-2007, 05:43 AM
I also went that route. I got the 6-day book as opposed to the 6-week thing. It is very strict, but I lost 9 pounds in 6 days. You can't get those results without doing something drastic. I think it's a great tool if you just need to get through a plateau, or you have a special occasion coming up. Definitely not something I could ever stick with long enough to loose all the weight I need to. But here and there...

Good luck. If you find it too difficult, PM me, and I'll share what I've been using to loose about 2 pounds a week. I needed something that would allow me to be able to eat dinner with my kids without making a separate dinner for me. But the 6-week makeover will work if you stick to it. Don't get discouraged!

Deanna

Trese
06-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Is this 6-day book everyone is referring to by Michael Thurmond as well???

FoundInNature
06-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes. He wrote it after the 6 week program for those who just need a quick fix.

Trese
06-28-2007, 09:48 AM
oh--okay. Well, I ordered the six week and we'll see, I suppose. I like the return policy.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1